Hi

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TheGonz

Airman
Sep 9, 2009
Middlesbrough
Hi all, new(ish) to the site, just been lurking for a while ya see. Felt like saying hi to you all as this is one of the only none abusive forums I have seen out there on the web so I wasn't scared to post.

Just returned to modeling (and wargaming) after about 15 years and have what I would consider for me, a rather large project on the board. I have found some really usefull info on this site which has helped me no end. So a big thanks and an even bigger hello!

Rob

Yep, the amount of information on scale modeling and generally on WW2 aviation on this site is amazing. Very helpful. Hope to see some of your work in forum's modeling section.
Anyway, welcome and glad to have you with us mate.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Seen as I no longer have any of my old models that I used to WG with I'm starting from scratch re building my British 8th Army. At the moment I have 20 AFV's in various stages of construction and 4 Spitfire Vb's (troops to follow when the painting starts).

The planes are a first for me so I'm taking my time and trying different techniques with each one whilst I find the way I'm most comfortable with. I have seen steady improvement in each one and am really looking forward to getting the main paint job started, especially seen as I have access to an airbrush now.

In all honesty I am enjoying making the Spitfires more than any of the AFV's which has got me interested in building in a larger scale than 1/72. However I'm trying my best to be patient and wait until I have completed this project before I move on to anything else. I have not taken any pictures of my builds so far but will hunt out the old digital camera and take some as soon as I can, if anything it's a good way of looking back and seeing where I have gone wrong.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Rob

hi GONZ; welcome too the site. about not being abusive, well they are too spammers, its great what they do too them !!!! anyways welcome from the good old usa

Smoggie is the nickname for someone who comes from Middlesbrough. Like people from Newcastle are Geordies etc. Its to do with when ICI and all the other chemical plants were in full bloom on Teesside and there was a big cloud of 'smog' over the place all the time, but now our air is lovely and clean, ahhh.....

...people from Newcastle are Geordies...

...but now our air is lovely and clean...
All hail the greatest city on the planet

You what? :)

Attachments

• Boro skyline.jpg
    Boro skyline.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back