Historical Combat Music Videos, by LesOfPrimus....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

*sigh*

I am off to an airshow for the day...... will finish this later because I really want to see a George Preddy on D-Day video done :lol:

With a little help from Aaron this does seem right but who knows! :lol:

I think it's missing the downward brace on the part of the canopy that opens up which is the brace that is immediately beside the pilots head.

Yes Harrison, u are correct, but the reasoning was what I was trying to get u to research...

The Erla canopy in the video was not actually installed in Hartmanns plane, and the regular framed canopy should be present...

Congrats on the stab in the dark H.... So whats the subject matter for the next to be???

Hi Dan,

Can the next video be the battle of Y-29 on Christmas day, 1944. Primarily George Preddy?

During the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944, elements of the group were moved to fighter strip Y-29, Asche, Belgium. On Christmas Eve, Preddy indulged in a game of craps and scooped the pot to win $1200, which he intended to invest in war bonds. On Christmas Day, Preddy led 10 of his P-51s on a patrol. They were vectored to a formation of enemy planes, and in the ensuing fight, though the squadron became scattered, Preddy downed two more Bf-109s. He and his wingman, Lt. James Cartee, were then vectored to an unknown number of bandits near Liege. Preddy saw a FW-190 on the deck and went after him at treetop height. As they roared over American ack-ack batteries, Preddy was hit by friendly ground fire and killed, probably by the bullets from the quad 50s.

So what did u think Marcel, comments??

Hi Less, did not make up my mind at the time. But here my more elaborate review:
There are some incredibly clever timings in it, especially where the music swells and suddenly the Bf109 storms right at ya. Didn't like the close-ups of the broken a/c as Il 2 makes it look unrealistic (half a/c flying etc, which is of course the technical limitation of Il-2). On the other hand, the simulated gun-camera footage looked very good indeed.
Over all: Music fits very well with the chosen scenes. You timing improved very much over all the video's that you made and is particular very good in this video. Some really beautiful shots, especially with the moutainous scenery. The only small critic I have is that maybe you should stay away from the limitations of Il-2, which is a/c wreckage and jumping pilots.

Appreciate the honesty Marcel, glad u enjoyed it... I think ur right concerning IL2's limitations, but those certain scenes are vital to the story...

Make do with whatcha got??

Of course. It's time for a sequel to the simulation (SOW), if only that your clips become even better.
As you say, they're hard not to like, but what I really noticed in this vid were scenes like the one at around 2:37. The Bf109 comes right at you, totally in harmony with the music. The timing on that one must have been hell. And little details like the guns firing in harmony with the palm-muted guitars. Nothing beats metal and some blazing guns :) Looking forward to the next one.

When oh when is the next video coming out! I just watched them again and they still wonderful but I need more! :)
The music is great. Reminds me of my old head banging days! :headbang:

Appreciate the comment....

Ive got one in the works, but having some life changing moments happening right now, so kinda on hiatus for a bit... After the New Year I should be able to finish up the George Preddy video that Ive been working on for awhile now....

Still need the German skins from GrauGeist for the JG54 Black Friday video, but that seems to have gone to pasture...

I would like to add my praise to these great music videos. They are outstanding, every last one of them. I have never seen any videos like these. A lot of time and care went into these. It tells! I hope there will be many, many more. I downloaded each of them, with the idea of looking forward to viewing them over and over. Thank you lessofprimus. Just plain outstanding work!!! waddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back