History Channel Dogfights

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heard first hand a similar story about a US AF former pilot who by chance met a former Soviet pilot who was shot down near the Yalu during the Korean War. They compared notes and discovered that the US pilot was the victor over the Soviet. They spent the evening talking and drinking together.

I wish History Channel Canada would start playing the new seasons of Dogfights, they only play the first season I think, and I'm getting bored watching the same fights over and over. Although the F6F episode was on today, and I do love that one. The first Zeke takedown was mint...

Last week was the Bombers episode and they play Guadalcanal and Taffy 3 over and over...

If you check one of the guys who posted those Dogfight episodes on YouTube he has loaded a ton of stuff! Battlefield, Dogfight, on and on.

I always wonder if I'm missing something on those though...I wonder if iTunes has any for download! I'm off to check!

...that didn't turn out at all... :(

Saw the episode where they talked about the Tuskegee Airmen... Wasnt aware that they knocked down 3 Me 262's in one mission.... Didnt see the whole episode, so Im not sure if they went with the myth about not losing a single bomber to enemy aircraft....

I was watching for that and I don't remember them saying anything to that effect. But I am old and could have missed it.:|

Is it me or is the History Channel starting to drift to the left? Saw a show last night on the "World After People Are Gone" or something like that. First, is that History? Shouldn't it be over on Discovery Channel? Second, it had that feel that PBS usually has. Also, it's getting into shows that have nothing to do with History (UFOs, Ice Road Truckers, ect).

Maybe it's the new head over there but

Tim they most likely are bored silly..............nothing good to broadcast it appears, their track record is really looking quite sad

I hear ya', there really isn't much new. But even the new stuff seems a little to the left. Tried watching History Center one Sunday morning and the pointy head they had on there started going on about George Bush. Then, they brought out Charlie Rangel and that was about all I could take. It was a show about the draft. 2 minutes of it were interesting, the rest was propaganda.

Is it me or is the History Channel starting to drift to the left? Saw a show last night on the "World After People Are Gone" or something like that. First, is that History? Shouldn't it be over on Discovery Channel? Second, it had that feel that PBS usually has. Also, it's getting into shows that have nothing to do with History (UFOs, Ice Road Truckers, ect).

Maybe it's the new head over there but

History Channel is owned by a joint group including Disney and NBC so you can expect them to try to brainwash the empty headed.

I was a faithful reader of Military History magizine for many years and last year it changed formats and also became left leaning including an aritcle by Rangel. I didn't reup.

The whole writers strike messed up US shows all over the place, so there's not alot of new stuff coming out for a while. Also might explain why some odd programming is on, though I thought the Ice Truckers show was on the Discovery Channel...

Am thinking of sending an email to History Channel and ask what the h*ll Ice Road Truckers has to do with history....
Don't want to make it a rant, but strong enough for them to get it, shape up or ship out....any other ideas?
When $$$$ comes does history loose out then etc. etc.

Am thinking of sending an email to History Channel and ask what the h*ll Ice Road Truckers has to do with history....
Don't want to make it a rant, but strong enough for them to get it, shape up or ship out....any other ideas?
When $$$$ comes does history loose out then etc. etc.

Or the new one about lumber jacks!

I'm ready to cancel!

Bottom line is that these reality shows are SUPER cheap to produce....

As long as people watch them they'll make em. It's all about $$$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back