Horrible Lancaster Prototype finished.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Well guys, glad to see the back of this kit and anyone going to build the Airfix 1st tooling ........good luck :lol:

The decals where all sourced from my spares box and the Prototype ''P'' came from 'Fantasy Print Shop' in the UK, it has a few faults here and there but i was really meant to build it as it was from the kit parts but some where just a joke and used some parts from 2nd tooling Airfix Lanc' bits.

Laugh if you dare:oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol: i reckon it turned out not too bad.

lancasterprototypefinished005.gif

lancasterprototypefinished006.gif

lancasterprototypefinished007.gif

lancasterprototypefinished008.gif

lancasterprototypefinished010.gif

lancasterprototypefinished009.gif

lancasterprototypefinished011.gif

Thanks for looking.

ian.

With the guys - she came out great Ian! One question though - should the white in the fin flashes be so wide?

With the guys - she came out great Ian! One question though - should the white in the fin flashes be so wide?

A simple answer....yes ! Notice how the wing roundels are also small :!: The fin flashes and wing roundels where changed by the RAF later in the war a date i've seen but can't remember which book it's in :oops:

ian.

Airfix 1/72nd? Looks nice. Can't get enough of this bomber. Not a fan of the Airfix kit though. Quite crude. Well done, Ian.

Bl**dy good work Ian! It looks marvellous, especially for such an old kit. I remember this kit when I was a youngster, back in the 50's, when we all thought it was marvellous, which it probably was for the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back