How much do you earn?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well get average pay. I let my boss cut my pay so that we can get the business on track after taking it over from the former owner the @sshole that he is. I pay about R1800 a month. :oops: That is almost nothing, but I get by.

I work for the US Army at the moment and bring in about 40K before taxes (varies actually).

Hopefully once the aircraft get back, I will be making more working on helos again.

As others stated though, money is not everything. As long as my family is provided for, I have a nice house and some land, my kids can go to school, and I can take the family on vacation every year I am a happy man.

Here, here, Adler. In my opinion this is a silly thread and you were right to point it out in the 2nd or 3rd post.

Here, here, Adler. In my opinion this is a silly thread and you were right to point it out in the 2nd or 3rd post.

As I stated in the first post I did not made this thread to brag about money, its just a study to see how much people earn around the world. I for example have no reason to brag about my paycheck since I earn very little compared to the rest here but I really don't care who has the biggest paycheck...I don't judge people by how much money do they have.

when i snapped my neck,it was not my fault.i also ticked the serious injury box on my life insurance,so i done alright.i was a c.n.c setter/operator,mig welder.made aircon units for trains,etc.so i retired in my late 20,s.i dont earn anything...officialy,but if you know a good solicitor,you can do do alright.starling.

When you have a good job, with a good company, and you have a military
retirement, and you are drawing your social security, you have a very good
yearly income. Add that to a wife that works full time, who also draws social
security, and you don't get a federal income tax rebate too often.

Charles

in the u.s,if one is married,and both of you are laid off,can you both claim jobseekers allowance,or only one of you.yours,starling.

Well, I currently get paid above $50,000 yearly (not much over that figure) ...

But....

Child support takes half my paycheck so I live on have of that figure. But I don't care as long as my kids have a roof, clothes and food in their stomaches. Sometimes I wonder what my ex does with it but I won't complain. Kids will definately pick up on crap like that and I'm not gonna let that happen.

I've been pretty blessed - right now I'm at $75K plus I average about another $10K between side work and flight instructing. Throw my wife's salary in there and we're doing pretty good (she's an RN, works part time at around $35K a year.

I own my business tuning and building racecars and sand rails. It seems like i dont make any money sometimes:mad: But i can say that i love my job and i have a roof over my head so i guess im doin ok:D

One thing I've learned from the grumblings of my colleagues, is the "income" of the benefits is also a function of how much you earn.

Im earning a lot more if thats factored in.

the benefits is also a function of how much you earn.

Im earning a lot more if thats factored in.

Yah there are alot of factors in this discussion. Being self-employed travelling means that my tax "bite" is lower because I can write off more etc.

But the biggest "benefit" is getting to see the whole continent! I just love travelling, that's the main bonus. I've seen Mt. Rushmore, the Alamo, Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Death Valley, Hollywood, Golden Gate, Crater Lake, Pike's Peak, Ft. Sumter, Statue of Liberty, Little BigHorn, Monument Valley, and I got paid to go there! 8)

Last summer I was bumpin' along in Alabama minding my own business, and Holy C**p!!! WTF is this?

So I pulled into the parking lot and checked out the place!

Attachments

• Huntsville2.jpg
    Huntsville2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 95
Well of course it was the Space Museum in Huntsville Alabama - man that thing is HUGE!! Too bad they weren't giving rides in it the day I was there.... :p

Next time you're here, let Evan and I know. We can get to some of the aviation museums.

I will do that some time, I'm mostly doing East Coast/Gulf Coast this year, but sometimes I still get back west to L.A.

P.S. I can't believe the difference in the summertime weather about 50 miles makes {Riverside compared to Santa Monica} I guess thats why the real estate is a few $$ more! :)

Attachments

• Huntsville_1.jpg
    Huntsville_1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 281
You can have your travel. You can have mine too. I have done so much traveling in my career that if I never see the inside of another airplane or hotel room again I will be a happy man. I have over a 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles and have no desire to use them. So the wife uses them to visit her parents. There is NOTHING fun about air travel these days.

You can have your travel. You can have mine too. I have done so much traveling in my career that if I never see the inside of another airplane or hotel room again I will be a happy man. I have over a 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles and have no desire to use them. So the wife uses them to visit her parents. There is NOTHING fun about air travel these days.
I absolutely despise travelling anymore the farthest I've been in the past few yrs is about 70 miles and I intend to continue . I travelled extensively prior to that and have been there and done that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back