How much is gas where you live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most unleaded petrol in the UK is in the 95-97 octane range. I use 'Shell Fuelsave', I think this is about 95-ish.

Aha! There is the answer right there. American fuel is much lower in Octane. We generally have three octane levels. Regular unleaded or just unleaded has an octane of 86. Midgrade unleaded is around 88 or 89 octane. Our premium fuel is 91 Octane. Our 91 octane fuel here sells for around 2.81 a gallon at the moment. Part of the reason the UK is paying more for fuel is because of the higher octane levels in the fuel. If we had the same octane levels as you folks, we would have more of a comparable price. Of course the other reason for higher fuel prices has to do with the taxes that are collected on the fuel.

In just over a week, gas at my favorite Wa-wa jumped from $2.49 to $2.56. Shell is eleven cents higher !

Did we have an earthquake or a flood somewhere ???

Charles

Those theiving asshats are still robbing us at $3.29 a gallon for regular unleaded here on the corner...

Egad !! Filled up the Buick this morning. The Wa-wa was $2.52 for regular. Shell was $2.63.

But then again, everything is more expensive on the west coast.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back