How safe is your city?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in some apartments at Sturgeon and Saskatchewan didn't like the PEG job satisfaction really sucked I worked all fighter bases and then got posted there full of asskissers and I don't

I lived in some apartments at Sturgeon and Saskatchewan didn't like the PEG job satisfaction really sucked I worked all fighter bases and then got posted there full of asskissers and I don't

Only apartments close to Sturgeon Saskatchen is on Quail Ridge or Apple lane. You live on one of those?

Map of Quail Ridge Road Winnipeg, MB CA by MapQuest

Sorry you didn't like it here, but its nice to hear that there is people that can relate to my part of the world.

On a side note I used to live on Quailridge years ago.

I agree with what you say here and have no problem with it.

But just will you admit that stats are not 100% accurate? yes or no

Theyre not 100%, but quite accurate. If theyre only off a few percentage points, like 92% accurate, does it really matter?

I mean so what if Irvine is a fraction safer than Thousand Oaks, when we all know they're far safer than Newark.

Wow I almost spewed my Iced Tea all over my computer when I read that ignorant remark!

sorry to hear that. I suspected you would have a beer and not an iced tea.

When I first went to school I was studying Criminal Justice as well, so dont go there.

then you should now about the various crime reports the DOJ and FBI puts out.

That does not make you any smarter than a single person in this forum.

If anything you are very naive and ignorant to what is really going on in life.

Some of you people make my case for me

I later switched to Proffesional Aeronautics, have an A&P Liscense, a PPL, and tons of aircrew experience with over 1500 flight hours (which is way more experience than your flight simulator that you so think in your brain washed world is the same thing as actually flying a plane).

Therfore with that education and experience I am more smarter than you in aviation things and therefore everything that you say about aircraft can not outright be believed anymore.

I trust you know more than me about repairing a helicopter.

Now that right there is just funny.

Stick with your courses Kiddo.

Some of us have over 20 years of practicle military and civil police / security experience. Including working with your Presidents security team during the 1990 visit of Bill Clinton.

When you get some real experience under your bonnet, then talk.

You have to walk the walk, before you talk the talk.

Who is some of us? name names.

And theres a bit of difference between providing security at a political event and analyzing crime states from a multitude of cities.

Theyre not 100%, but quite accurate. If theyre only off a few percentage points, like 92% accurate, does it really matter?

I mean so what if Irvine is a fraction safer than Thousand Oaks, when we all know they're far safer than Newark.

I agree with you that stats are a valuable tool but stats can be twisted into whatever you want them to say, if that is your intention when deliverying them. I am not saying in this case thats what happened, just pointing that out.

A few of the guys (mkloby, Joe, Chris) were just saying that you can't blindly believe in stats. You should use stats and real life testimonies from people who have lived there.

You get into these arguements with people alot. You seem to believe in your own opinion only and cannot see the value of anyone elses. Meeting half way with people does not hurt once in while. Being right or trying to prove your right 100% of the time just loses you friends and wives/girlfriends.

Just my $0.02 take it or leave it just trying to help.

I wish I was - no, wait a bit - WERE as well educated!

BTW, as I haven't read the entire thread, this may have been touched upon above - is there any truth in the stats I've seen which say that while gun ownership in Canada is in fact higher than in the US, the gun-crime rate is significantly lower. True? Or not?

If it is, it'd be interesting to speculate about the reasons...

I think Canada has strict controls on handguns. I do remember seeing some stats that show handguns are the weapon of choice for most criminals that are going to commit a crime of opportunity. That could account for the disparity between Canadian and American rates.

Of course gang bangers would use rifles and shotguns for their crimes, but that is relatively uncommon.

sorry to hear that. I suspected you would have a beer and not an iced tea.

What are you implying?

syscom3 said:
then you should now about the various crime reports the DOJ and FBI puts out.

I know eneogh that in any field whether it is crime, aviation, economics, ie...paper does not mean anything.

I also know not to have an ego that makes me think I am brighter and smarter than everyone else. When you have such an ego, it only proves likewise...

syscom3 said:
Some of you people make my case for me

What that you are arrogant and ignorant?

syscom3 said:
I trust you know more than me about repairing a helicopter.

Using your logic, I know more about anything that has to do with aviation. But ofcourse you wont admit to that, because that would bruise you little ego.

Childish that is all I have to say....

I agree with you that stats are a valuable tool but stats can be twisted into whatever you want them to say, if that is your intention when deliverying them. I am not saying in this case thats what happened, just pointing that out.

The DOJ/FBI know there are inaccuracies in reporting from cities, and they compensate for it by using several types of surveys and sources. In the end, minor crimes are under reported, but serious crimes tend to be reported quite accurately.

If you have taken a class in the CJ system, you would have seen the various reporting methods that are made, and how the results are analyzed. You can slice and dice the results all you want, but in the end, they all have the same indicators that cant be changed.

A few of the guys (mkloby, Joe, Chris) were just saying that you can't blindly believe in stats. You should use stats and real life testimonies from people who have lived there.

And I'm telling you that the surveys are quite accurate. Unless youre privy to crime reports for a city, you just cant make baseless charges about extensive under counting of crimes. Plus just because you were robbed in a city some years ago, doesnt mean that city is as bad or worse than a similar city.

So what if youre sure that Newark is worse than Detroit, because in the end, theyre both s***tholes. Doesnt make the survey any less accurate.

You get into these arguements with people alot. You seem to believe in your own opinion only and cannot see the value of anyone elses. Meeting half way with people does not hurt once in while. Being right or trying to prove your right 100% of the time just loses you friends and wives/girlfriends.

If you dont defend your opinion, then who will do it for you?

Only apartments close to Sturgeon Saskatchen is on Quail Ridge or Apple lane. You live on one of those?

Map of Quail Ridge Road Winnipeg, MB CA by MapQuest

Sorry you didn't like it here, but its nice to hear that there is people that can relate to my part of the world.

On a side note I used to live on Quailridge years ago.
tail ridge.... it wasn't the town it was the job worked base ops as opposed to controlling most of the places I worked the ATC was pretty slack in the military formalities in some places you wore your uniform to work and switched into less formal attire while at work "if anyone wanted to visit they'd have to get clearance to cross taxiways etc"

The DOJ/FBI know there are inaccuracies in reporting from cities, and they compensate for it by using several types of surveys and sources. In the end, minor crimes are under reported, but serious crimes tend to be reported quite accurately.

If you have taken a class in the CJ system, you would have seen the various reporting methods that are made, and how the results are analyzed. You can slice and dice the results all you want, but in the end, they all have the same indicators that cant be changed.

And I'm telling you that the surveys are quite accurate. Unless youre privy to crime reports for a city, you just cant make baseless charges about extensive under counting of crimes. Plus just because you were robbed in a city some years ago, doesnt mean that city is as bad or worse than a similar city.

So what if youre sure that Newark is worse than Detroit, because in the end, theyre both s***tholes. Doesnt make the survey any less accurate.

If you dont defend your opinion, then who will do it for you?

Defending your opinion is one thing but you seem to take it to the next level that drives people nuts. I am sure you have noticed how many times you have gotten into these types of arguements.....you must like them or something. B/c you do not shy away from them. It is such a time consuming thing arguing over nothing.

Oh well have a good night.

Mine is #30 in the list. Woo hooooo! Five of the top 30 cities are in Orange County. Thats an interesting stat.

BREITBART.COM - Ranking of Most, Least Dangerous Cities

Top 50 =
1. Brick, N.J.
2. Amherst, N.Y.
3. Mission Viejo, Calif.
4. Newton, Mass.
5. Troy, Mich.
6. Colonie, N.Y.
7. Irvine, Calif.
8. Cary, N.C.
9. Greece, N.Y.
10. Coral Springs, Fla.
11. Thousand Oaks, Calif.
12. Orem, Utah
13. Round Rock, Texas
14. Dover, N.J.
15. Lake Forest, Calif.
16. Sterling Heights, Mich.
17. Simi Valley, Calif.
18. Roswell, Ga.
19. Lee's Summit, Mo.
20. Broken Arrow, Okla.
21. Chino Hills, Calif.
22. Gilbert, Ariz.
23. Edison, N.J.
24. Cranston, R.I.
25. Port St. Lucie, Fla.
26. Sandy, Utah
27. Nashua, N.H.
28. Danbury, Conn.
29. Huntington Beach, Calif.
30. Orange, Calif.
31. Hamilton, N.J.
32. Parma, Ohio
33. Overland Park, Kan.
34. Santa Clarita, Calif.
35. Stamford, Conn.
36. Cheektowaga, N.Y.
37. Livonia, Mich.
38. Sunnyvale, Calif.
39. Murrieta, Calif.
40. Canton, Mich.
41. Plano, Texas
42. Warwick, R.I.
43. Torrance, Calif.
44. Clifton, N.J.
44. Newport Beach, Calif.
46. Woodbridge, N.J.
47. Fargo, N.D.
48. Norman, Okla.
49. Olathe, Kan.
50. Boca Raton, Fla.

Bottom 50 =
320. Indianapolis, Ind.
321. Shreveport, La.
322. Sacramento, Calif.
323. St. Petersburg, Fla.
324. Tacoma, Wash.
325. Houston
326. Columbus, Ohio
327. Miami
328. Baton Rouge, La.
329. Charlotte, N.C.
330. Jackson, Miss.
331. Toledo, Ohio
332. Macon, Ga.
333. Nashville, Tenn.
334. Rochester, N.Y.
335. Tulsa, Okla.
336. Stockton, Calif.
337. Hartford, Conn.
338. Dallas
339. Miami Gardens, Fla.
340. Buffalo, N.Y.
341. Springfield, Mass.
342. Kansas City, Kan.
343. Philadelphia
344. West Palm Beach, Fla.
345. Minneapolis
346. Dayton, Ohio
347. Orlando, Fla.
348. San Bernardino, Calif.
349. Little Rock, Ark.
350. Newark, N.J.
351. Reading, Pa.
352. North Charleston, S.C.
353. Washington
354. Cincinnati
355. Atlanta
356. Kansas City, Mo.
357. Richmond, Va.
358. Trenton, N.J.
359. Memphis, Tenn.
360. Baltimore
361. Richmond, Calif.
362. Gary, Ind.
363. Youngstown, Ohio
364. Oakland, Calif.
365. Cleveland
366. Birmingham, Ala.
367. Camden, N.J.
368. Compton, Calif.
369. Flint, Mich.
370. Detroit
371. St. Louis

Who Cares: No one can drive more than 25 MPH in most of Orange county. Even the common criminals are perpetually late,due to being stuck in traffic on the freeways.

Who Cares: No one can drive more than 25 MPH in most of Orange county. Even the common criminals are perpetually late,due to being stuck in traffic on the freeways.
:evil4:

The point here is So Cal is like an unmixed gallon of paint, no consistency - you could be driving in Costa Mesa, Irvine, Norwalk or Granada Hills and you could shot at randomly. The entire area is over run with gangs and it's evident by all the little pieces of graffiti which can be found anywhere along the freeways. These folks are like coyotes marking their territory and/or where they been, and you cannot deny that right now in the most affluent areas of So Cal one part of the freeway isn't tagged. The point here is the people who live in those areas aren't perpetuating this, its outsiders who drive through leaving their little mark and its been a way of life there for at least 25 years...

In the mid/ late 70s you didn't see much of that outside the "normal" bad areas (Venice, East LA, Compton, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back