Howdy! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RagTag

Airman
Dec 8, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
Howdy from Texas! I have flying low off your six for a number of years. I have an abiding interest in all things WW2 aviation, which this forum fulfills in spades. My Dad flew Marauders with the 1st Pathfinder Squadron, Provisional leading formations over western Europe later in the war, an older uncle flew B-18s prior, and another flew A-24s and A-20s in the Pacific. I probably made over a hundred models as a kid, and did Free Flight and RC. Did three semesters in aerospace engineering before switching to be an architect. I have had maybe an hour of flying time with friends in light planes, and actually got up in the air a tweeny bit in what was probably one of the first BatGliders built in Texas, a bamboo and polyethene parawing hang glider self built from plans. Got to my senses real fast on that one! Have a small stash of model kits to get back into that someday. Partial to the Airacobra, the Jug, and of course the Marauder. Greatly impressed by the wealth of knowledge and experience here and the camaraderie. Looking forward to participating a small bit and gaining from knowing you all.
Randy

Welcome aboard! Many very smart and knowledgeable people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions (maybe not from me...:confused:) !

Welcome aboard! Many very smart and knowledgeable people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions (maybe not from me...:confused:) !
I might even have a brilliant one buried among the dumb. Here is the first one I won't ask you... If you have a query on a topic that might be a new question or insight but concerning a topic that is an old thread that has not been recently active active, is it better to post to the old thread or post a new one? Just don't want to step in it...

I might even have a brilliant one buried among the dumb. Here is the first one I won't ask you... If you have a query on a topic that might be a new question or insight but concerning a topic that is an old thread that has not been recently active active, is it better to post to the old thread or post a new one? Just don't want to step in it...
I'd try searching old threads by search first. If not there just post a new one in the appropriate catagory.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back