Hurricane Katrina and Me...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw some of the desvestation caused in Gulfport by Katrina. I hope les and co. are alright. I'm sure he is, after all he was going to high ground. The vast majority of the power is out and, really, even when les does get home getting onto the internet to tell us lot he's alright won't be the first thing on his mind.

He'll be fine!

Even just a simple "Yeah fellas I'm fine. Gotta go.".
I don't really expect to hear from him for a long time anyway. Like PD said, he'll definitely have bigger priorities than us.

I got an e-mail from his brother Scott. He got a message from Les last night that they are all okay. His house has taken some damage, but it looks like everyone is okay. I will let you know if I hear anything else.

had to turn off the tv as it is all so sickening, even the announcers on the site are going down the tubes and will need some sort of counseling help.

very glad to here that Les and kin are alright.......yes !

Thats a relief, I felt like a one legged man at an arse kicking competition
I know there would be sod all we could do while the winds a whistling but if we where closer Im sure Les knows there would be plenty of willing lads to give him a hand should he need it.
I think its goner be a long old job fixing some of that damage I even heard that some folks are contemplating plans to move further inland to set up home, with climate change happening its only going to get worse in the future.

slightly OT but still on.........the D-day museum was suppose to be located just 2 blocks from the dome in New Orleans. anyone heard if it is gone ~ due to flooding or ?

this is going to take years.......

Terrible destruction but at least les and his family are alright. One thing now, let's see if Mother Nature will let them have a chance after this one. She's been a bit of a bitch lately.

..our thoughts are with all our friends in the US right now..difficult to imagine how that area of Gulf coast is ever going to function again..the devastation in NO looks to be total.. Glad to hear that Les escaped the worst..

It's a complete disgrace. I can understand the heartache and suffering the people of New Orleans and the area of Gulf Coast are enduring but I am marvelled and disgusted by the actions those in New Orleans who are rioting, looting and threatening anyone who comes to help them!

I expect no better from those people of Africa or the Middle East, as you witness them charge toward an aid truck with no decency or patience and end up destroying the truck. But in America!?! One of our news crews had to leave an area, along with a paramedic, because both had been threatened and it was considered a dangerous area.

I imagine the Army are refusing to allow the helicopters to land and drop off aid because of these animals. I perfectly understand annoyance and anger with something like this but there's no excuse to riot and loot or threaten other people because you're hungry. Those people are hampering the aid effort and don't deserve help.

The people who sit and wait patiently, which I have seen, need all the help that can be given to them. They are a picture of Western decency in a situation like this and it's a shame America hasn't thrown in every resource in it's possession to help them. But I cannot blame them with rampant animals roaming the streets.

There were a lot acting like animals to say it's not the majority. Which has made the U.S send out National Guard on guard duty when they could be delivering food and helping clearing up.

I don't think the American government realised how big the situation was at first. More and more aid goes everyday but I wonder if America will accept the aid of other countries. Being the single most powerful country in the world, it might be a slap in the face of the government to do so.

No, I think aid will be welcomed. This disaster is far bigger than I think anyone could have imagined. Last estimate was that there are at least 60,000 people still awaiting rescue. I would bet that most of them, while frustrated are not acting like animals. That being said, if I was awaiting assistance and was starving, as were my family, you bet I would go after a food source. Basic survival takes over and you do need food and water.

They're not all going after food though. Then there's those that are threatening and attacking other people. Even a paramedic had to leave one area because it was considered too dangerous.

Well, I for one would like to see Royal Navy vessels out there helping our greatest ally. And I have heard that it's already been offered.

Good on them for the offer! I think once the efforts start to get noticed, a lot of the problems will start to disappear. Unfortuantely, there is looting after every disaster. The media would better serve the rest of us if they didn't show video of people getting away with it. It only encourages others to do the same.

I'll probably receive a backlashing for sure about this.....

the New Orleans mayor is bitching on the mdia about not enough is being done. Waht gets me is that there are enough in higher authority living there that new something like this could happen, and that was the breeching of the levies. Not knowing about Louisiana government and her policies but good grief why weren't the engineers out there working on those things years ago. guess omething like 40 walls reinforced with who knows what may have helped relieve the inevetible. Foresight is hindsight ? well too late now. ......... patience is needed ......... and yes people are dying

good to see the worlds countries finally getting off their butts and offering assistance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back