Hurricane

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
4,324
87
Joined
Apr 15, 2011
Location
Plymouth, England
Hurricane.jpg


My friend Mal sent me this picture which I thought I would share with you guys.
Cheers
John
 
It's 'Z5140', a 1942 MkXIIa, up for auction last December.
Nice shot - better without what appears to be an 'artificial' prop spin though.
 
It's the Canadian-built rough equivalent, and painted to represent a MkIIb, which I believe was based on Malta. I have the auction catalogue with the details, but not to hand at the moment.
Here's a side view of the same aircraft, to show the colour scheme, taken at Duxford a few years ago.
 

Attachments

  • Czech 076.jpg
    Czech 076.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Interesting pic from the Facebook Hurricane page . Never seen this one before Hawker Hurricane PR Mark IIB, BM969, of S Flight No. 3 Photographic Reconnaissance Unit, based at Dum Dum, India, in flight over West Bengal.

Hurri.jpg
 
Completely of topic aside.
Dum Dum is near Calcutta and was the site of an arsenal in the days of the Raj. Original home of the dum-dum bullet :)
Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back