Hypothetical, Fokker DR1 tri-plane vs Snoopy's Doghouse MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pinsog

Tech Sergeant
Jan 20, 2008
Which would YOU choose!!!!

(I couldn't help myself.......)

I think sitting on the peak of the roof on that doghouse would be pretty hard on the butt, especially when you're pulling G's in a turn.

The Dr1 will be better at turning but if Snoopy sticks to boom and zoom tactics and doesnt get dragged into a turning battle he should have the advantage.

It really depends on the Mark of the doghouse. Like the G12, pictured below would have a good chance.

DSC_1969.jpg

Fokker DR1 performance figures are easy to find. Does anyone have performance stats on the Mark 1 doghouse?
Max speed? Rate of climb?

Let me get the owner's manual. Its required for my job. :)

ummmm, I may need to re-think this.

Attachments

• snoopy-red-baron.jpg
    snoopy-red-baron.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 7,077
Last edited:
From Njaco's pic snoopy has already taken considerable damage and his "engine???" is on fire.
Tyrotom-seems to me the peak would nicely fit the crack and you'd get a "good grip

Attachments

• curse_you.jpg
    curse_you.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3,689
From Njaco's pic snoopy has already taken considerable damage and his "engine???" is on fire.
Tyrotom-seems to me the peak would nicely fit the crack and you'd get a "good grip

The old pucker factor, eh. But how would he ever get off the doghouse quickly, if needed?

We used to joke about drilling holes in the bottom of pilot's seats to counteract the pucker factor.

I don't know the armament or performance parameters of Snoopy's doghouse, but unless they are significantly higher than the Triplane I favor the latter as I would feel overly exposed sitting atop the doghouse roof and more importantly not very comfortable with the roof's peak jammed between my butt cheeks!

Ken

I am not sure if Snoopy ever shot down the Red Baron, but I am pretty sure Snoopy got shot down every time he went up. I guess for survivability, I would have to go with Snoopy's dog house, as he walked away from every crash. If I wanted to win the engagement, I'd have to go with the Fokker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back