I will be working on the F-35 JSF!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Well, I had a job interview today with Lockheed Martin working on the F-35. Went good and about 10 minutes after getting home they called and asked if I would like to accept the offer, and I did. Now I will be working on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter out at Edwards AFB. I am excited and cant wait. I just have to do a phyical and the common back ground check, and I will be good to go. It is a great day here in Palmdale, California.

That would explain the phone call I got today....sorry, dude, I thought it was a prank call. Remember to wink and deny everything if they bring up anal probing or cumquats.

:evil4:

Congrats Beau!!! I know some people who are out there right now. As a matter of fact I'll be in the AV at the end of April, we should hook up for a beer!

Bl**dy brilliant mate! So glad you've got something so soon, and wish you all the best.
I'd come for a pint or ten to celebrate with Joe, but it's a long walk (stagger!) back to the UK !!

Dang man, that rocks!
You did the move and scored a job just like that...sweetness!

To top it off, Eric and everyone lives not all that far from ya'...you should all get together when Aluminum Overcast or the Collings Foundation comes through (and that's pretty soon, too)

Dang. Was scrolling up and realized that I was the dick who put a sarcastic/funny comment, but forgot to add the heartfelt congratulations at the end! Sorry 'bout that.
In all seriousness, congratulations on landing the job so quickly after the move! :thumbleft:

Well the job will basically be a jack of all trades. I will be doing everything from working on avionics to the fuel system and everything inbetween. All will be on the aircraft. Edwards is slated to get 9 aircraft (I will be working on either AF-6 or AF-7, which is the tail numbers). So one crew will work on one plane, so we will know that plane inside and out.

Thanks for all the wishes guys, I cant wait to get started.

Well just clean up your mess before you leave, don't leave it for the Janitor to do.:)

But I wouldn't mind being a janitor at one of those places probably get at least twice what I'm getting now, and more hours to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back