ICM 1/48 Bf 109F-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oh, and from the look of the pic, the inner surfaces of the wing/coolant flaps are painted RLM 02 ???

Just about ready to undercoat. I'm going to decant some primer from an acrylic auto spray can, thin it out and undercoat my 109.

Been hunting about for right colours to paint the camo, came across this in my travels which rather excited me! lol

Yellow4.jpg

I note there is a swastika on the tail, but none on the decal sheet. I'm assuming this being the case as the swastika is illegal in some parts of the world??

I note there is a swastika on the tail, but none on the decal sheet. I'm assuming this being the case as the swastika is illegal in some parts of the world??[/QUOTE]

That is the case. Several decal manuf. sell a sheet of just swastikas. Aeromaster ARO00048545 being one that is readily available.

Hey Gang, a few Q's regards the camo colours shown here..

Bf109f4008.jpg

from the little model master list top left, I've come up with C= RLM 04, R=RLM 65, S= RLM 79.
I'm struggling to find the greens/greys other than J=RLM 71

any thoughts??

cheers
pete

Thanks for the offer A4K, I've managed to find a few stores that stock sheets of them here in Oz

pete

I would have thought the basic splinter camouflage pattern would have been 70/71/65 - but that looks anything but basic. It's far from a standard pattern with the addition of the 79 sandgelb. It's certainly a one off.

Not a theatre or period I'm familar with, but I would think the green would be the lighter of the two early war colours, RLM 71 Dunkelgrun. I'm only basing this on how the RLM 70 Schwazrgrun was replaced in other schemes, for example in 1940, on Bf109E's, where RLM 02 was used instead. Also, not that it's a good guide, the colour doesn't look that dark on the painting guide from the box.

Found this page which I thought might help. Sadly there is no direct link.

LuftArchiv.de - Das Archiv der Deutschen Luftwaffe

On the left hand panel select "Aircraft Industry"
In the drop down box select "Aircraft Colours"

There are several colour charts in three sections. This site has a wealth of images many in colour.

If this site is well known to the forum members - sorry - don't waste your time:oops:

But to anyone new have a ferret around :D

Hi Gang,

this is it so far...

Bf109f4009.jpg

Underside is done, including the yellow wing tips, and the champaign stripe.... did the yellow first, over a white undercoat.

The paper mask is held in place with 'blue tac' so there is a blend between colours not a hard line, as per the pic on the box..

Masking the canopy was oh so much fun! :evil: ... its held in place with 'blue tac' for the moment as well

cheers

pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back