In Memory of Bob Chamblerlain (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No good with words Joe. As one of the sites old timers you've chatted with me via this site a few times so I think you will know me enough to know how sorry I feel mate.

My respects to you BOB

and God bless to you and your family Joe
Lee Christine

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss , it sounded like he was a great aviator from your description I really hope your kids are old enough so they may have memories of him

Yup alls been said in the previous posts,truly sorry to hear of this and my sincere condolences to all involved.

Many thanks guys!

My time here will be limited for the next few weeks so I want to say your words and thoughts mean so much. We are having a service on the 18th here in Colorado. At later time I am planning to scatter his ashes over his home. I will post more info at a later date, but again your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

FBJ

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Joe.

You were my first thought when I read an L-29 was down and I held out hope that it wouldn't turn out as it did.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gary

Memorial service will be Saturday, July 18th at 11:00am.

The location is:

Bear Valley Church

10001 W. Jewell Ave.

Lakewood, CO 80232

In Lieu of flowers a "Bob Chamberlain Missions Fund" has been set up through the church for anyone wishing to make a donation.

Please make any checks payable to AMC and note "BCMF". You may give checks to Sandi, put in the offering baskets, or send checks to:

Activation Ministry Center

166 S. Lookout Mountain Rd.

Golden, CO. 80401

THANKS FOR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!!

FBJ

All;

Thanks for the prayers and kind words. My family and I spent the past several days in a resort town to the north west of Denver. Water skied (I don't but I drive the boat) and relaxed at a cabin by a beautiful lake. During that time we as a family was able to gain our bearings once again and focus on the future - I firmly believe that Bob would have wanted exactly this way.

The next big hurdle is the service this weekend - that will be a tough one but we'll reflect, remember this remarkable man, and as he would say "Press On."

One thing I promised my mother in law and wife - my jet flying (L29, 39, Provost, etc.) days are over. In the past 6 years I knew 6 people who perished in these aircraft. Although I believe they are no more dangerous than a Cessna 172 or Super Cub, I can't risk leaving my wife with 2 little girls without a father. I'll still wrench on them and fly my GA stuff (172s, Supercubs and maybe a T-34), but no more "Joey the Jet."

I'm hoping that Mike and I make it to Reno - my time and effort there will be totally dedicated to my father in law.

Again, all your prayers and deeply cherished and appreciated.

Now - Let's PRESS ON!

Joe all I can say is do not press the grief button hard, it is going to continue for a long long time. we just had my Dad's memorial service this past weekend and Kath/myself and my bro are still in a daze..........and will be for some time.

as you might suspect life will take on a slightly different course than one suspects, and it is all normal. Some things just do not matter much anymore; surround your wife and her mother with lots of hugs and "I luv you's".

peace will come in time

yf E ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back