In Memory of Bob Chamblerlain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was talking to Donna a while back about getting photos for your 1000 hours flight in the Provost, but I do understand your decision. I still want to get some shots of you flying air-to-air one of these days though.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this time. I will keep my fond memories of Bob in mind this weekend too.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Erich. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you guys as well.

Erich; My thoughts were with you through out my ordeal as I knew the services for your dad occurred recently. You, as the "wise old sage" always brings wisdom to trying times (and I know you had a few lately), your words and prayers are always appreciated.

Eric - thanks for understanding. Maybe someday we'll do some air to air stuff with Jim Ostrich. I know I could still fly a T-34 like ringing a bell.

Getting away and getting your bearings back is probably one of the best things you could've done. I never met the man, but he sounds like someone I would have liked to've. My prayers for you and your family, Joe. Hang in there, bro!

My thoughts are with you and your family. You've lost a great man there, I sympathise with you all.
It was a good thing to get away for a while - let the sorrow run its course, take comfort in each other as you probably already do.
Many warm thoughts from me to all of you.

One More Roll

We toast our hearty comrades who have fallen from the skies, and were gently caught by God's own hand to be with him on High.

To dwell among the soaring clouds they've known so well before. From victory roll to tail chase, at heaven's very door.

As we fly among them there, we're sure to head their plea. To take care my friend, watch your six, and do one more roll for me.

— Commander Jerry Coffee, Hanoi, 1968.

My thoughts are with you and your family. You've lost a great man there, I sympathise with you all.
It was a good thing to get away for a while - let the sorrow run its course, take comfort in each other as you probably already do.
Many warm thoughts from me to all of you.

One More Roll

We toast our hearty comrades who have fallen from the skies, and were gently caught by God's own hand to be with him on High.

To dwell among the soaring clouds they've known so well before. From victory roll to tail chase, at heaven's very door.

As we fly among them there, we're sure to head their plea. To take care my friend, watch your six, and do one more roll for me.

— Commander Jerry Coffee, Hanoi, 1968.

Thank you for that!

Ironically I'm preparing to head out to the airport to spread his ashes over his property this morning.

All, thanks for the thoughts, everything worked out better than planned. I'll post some pics as soon as I get my brother in law to e mail them to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back