Israeli Nuke Strike On Iran Averted ? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F-16s with AGM-78 Anti-Radiation Missile...me thinks.

I was thinking they may still use F-4's for wild weasel... it's certainly fast enough. Why not save the F-16, KFIR and F-15 for the actual strike and air superiority?

I think that they got rid of them because of heavy maintenance concerns. I'll check and post what is the AvWeek. Hold on...

Cool... Thanks

I like the image of an F-4 barreling in, belching smoke and "lighting up" a SAM site... the aircraft fits the image nicely...
Brute Force to gouge out the eyes.

Yep. Right out of the AvWeek Aviation Sourcebook 2007. Isreal no longer uses F-4s (at least operationally). I would have thought that Isreal would have had AGM-88 HARMs, but I can't find a reference for them.

A world without F4's?....I'm getting old.

That must mean they have a pretty fat inventory of capabile aircraft.

I hate to see a dogfighter or strike aircraft used as a platform for a anti-radiation missle.

Bring back the F-105!

I won't type in their full inventory, but here are tactical aircraft of merit...

F-15A (20)
F-15B (6)
F-15C (17)
F-15D (9)
F-15I (25)

F-16A (78 ) Thats an eight by the way. :)
F-16B (17)
F-16C (78 )
F-16D (49)
F-16I (21)

As you can imagine, they are likely using the F-16D two seater for the SEAD role. With some F-15I and F-16I special operations capable.

A world without F4's?....I'm getting old.

That must mean they have a pretty fat inventory of capabile aircraft.

I hate to see a dogfighter or strike aircraft used as a platform for a anti-radiation missle.

Bring back the F-105!

Germany still uses the F-4 for Recon purposes. I had one fly over my helicopter on one of my last flights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back