Best Itallian Plane?

• Fiat CR.42

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savoia-Marchetti SM.81

• Breda 88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would have to check but I believe there is a town on the lake that shares the same name.

There is the town of Geneva on the west edge of the lake. You'll find that most treaties, conventions or agreements are named after the places they were signed. If not that, they are named after what they are about, surprisingly.

How can you be sure of what? Have you two got a little spamming language that normal people don't understand?

:lol: :lol: i dont actually know what hes talking about, so im just spamming back with something totally pointless :lol:

OK this poll left off the Italian fighters. They were then mentioned and proptly forgotten. So the Re 2000/2001 program was not that good and built in small numbers. The Re2002 was the better of that group. But I would pick the MC 202 :)

But as with most of the Italian aircraft engine problums would plage them. If that were not the case the P.108 might get more thougt. But for the poll how about the Sm 79.

Well, for best in terms of performance, I would think you would have to go with the later fighters like the G.55, MC.205, and Re.2005. For success and usefulness during the war it would probably be limited to the MC.202 and the SM.79.

the Sm.79 was the more sucessfull itailin plane in my eyes, but C.C. didn't put that in as it would be copmition for his beloved P.108, with this poll there's more chance we'll vote for it, and i haven't even voted yet :shock:

You two are both right, that the SM 79 and 81 were very good and adaptable from troops, to bombs and torpeados. The fighters were the MC 202 as it was one of the few produced in numbers to have an impact. I think this is a great poll and we are to often talking about RAF and USAAC stuff with German as well so why not branch out. Question any of you have information of the Italian fighters flying with the Allies after 1943? Or any of the designs going to the States for evaluation ;)

I've only seen very little about Italian fighters serving with the Allies, usually just a note saying, "some of these later joined with the Allies." I've not seen anything about Allied flight tests of Italian fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back