IV Jg 301 Bf 109 G-10's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't you just love matching Werke/serial numbers to number/code letters !!
I've just spent over a week trying to confirm a serial/individual code for a particular Spit. Brain ache? You bet!

That's consistent with Prien's list Wayne, although he has a "G-10/AS" profile.

Checked back in Reschke's book. He has a G-10 in the loss list with that same WNr 157440 but it's red 5 not 15. So we have a questionable WNr as well as a questionable aircraft number!
Andy red 15 is my mistake it should be red 5, sorry !! i even typed red five on the first page of this thread so do not know why i suddenly changed to 15 !!!!
here are the passages from the Kagero Jg301 book

red5a.jpg

red5.jpg

i also thought it might have been 151440 but Steve is right that does not fit Erla production block numbers either ?

That excerpt matches with what's in Reschke's book, although "Green 21" is your Green 2.

So I could do red 5 but what do you want for a WNr? Maybe it's supposed to be 150744 which would work but now we're just guessing.

At the end of the day it's a model.
I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last to have made a model with a "werknummer" that I know is incorrect. It's a minor detail and whilst research can be fun we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that model making should be too!
Stick 157440 on it and b*gger the rest :)
99% of people who look at my models don't know what a werknummer is anyway.
Cheers
Steve

Okee dokee. I think I'll get rid of those goofy little hooks on the 5s, unless you really like them. These were scanned from the Tamiya Dora decals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back