IV Jg 301 Bf 109 G-10's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne

originally there was suppose to be a 16th staffel with blue numerals but it never materialized so in a word.............NO. the horizontal bar is blue for IVth gruppe. green numerals like # 2 for Stab as well as green 21, etc...... I know EE in there dora 9 book volume 1 mentions a 16th staffel with a colour representation but again there was no official 16th staffel and no loss listings of A/C from that staffel.

Bummer, liked the idea of a Blue numbered G-10....

am now thinking of doing it as white 5 as i have decals for that without a border and i wouldn't have a W.Nr for it !
what do you guys think, would it work if i painted my Erla built G-10 as the profiles i posted but substituted white 5 for green 2 ?
and what about the lower wings RLM 76 or plain Aluminium ?

you guys might be interested found another unpublished pic in an old SMS KM booklet from H. Reschke never published before showing 6 G-10's from IVth gruppe; on 2 machines you see the blue bar and the distinctive two colored fuselage band, it appears on one of them a white or yellow 2. In any case all 4 that I can see plainly have a very light mottled engine cowling dark spine and mottled fuselage so yes painted in very similar colours, Roachie you should pick between the green 2 and white 44 as the pics suggest anything the same or between would be a go for camo. two of the machines maybe 3 in the foto show a different colored rudder similar to the Dora's of 6./JG 301.

also since 8th staffel did not fly dora 9'[s we cannot even find a blue numbered Dora either it would be an a-8 or an A-9.

rochie....i tried to answer your message but it says you have too many messages and it wont send. email me and i will send you everything i have....

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl,

I'll try to make those decals for you but can you measure the below dimension in millimeters on your model and post the number please? This is to scale the 2. Also let me know if the 7 you want is the same size as the 2.

BTW, I'll be out of town for a week starting Wednesday so won't be able to get at this until about Nov 24. Hope that's OK.

JG_301_gr_2 for Karl.jpg

model is 165mm at those points Andy.

and yes the yellow 7's would be the same size i think see pm i sent you

no rush my friend as Christmas party season is almost upon me at work so my spare time will be limited anyway, think i might get the paint on the model but plan on finishing in the new year !

should of added to the last posting of mine the white/yellow 2 was the size of the 44 white on the one G-10 talked about so would make yellow 7 of fair size at least larger than green 2 in this case........for accuracy sake.

OK, got it Karl. I'll submit samples before printing the decals. Gotta say though that I'm a bit worried that the green will not be very good as I've never tried that colour. Here's a home made yellow 11 and dash which I think looks OK for 1/48. The 7 would have no black trim on it though.

110430 8 oclock closeup.jpg

That looks like reasonable density Andy. Was it ink jet or laser printer?
I might need to make some yellow letter decals, but the last time I tried yellow, the density wasn't very good, although it was going on a black background, which didn't help!

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've printed up decals for Karl for Green 2 and Yellow 7 per profiles he sent. I'm also going to give him WNr decals for red 15 which is supposedly WNr 157440. The thing is, I'm having trouble finding this number in my references (Prien and Rodeike). Can someone confirm this is a ligit G-10 number and, if so, would the WNr appear as it does on Green 2 in post 1? Or is this really a G-6 with small numbers?????

EDIT: I've added the below pic of the proposed numbers. Criticism/suggestions most welcome.

Karls Decals 15s.jpg

Last edited:
Andy, they look great the 15's are the same shape as the red 15's i have though mine are slightly duller red.

i got the W.Nr from Kagero's Jg301 book where a few G-6's are mentioned but after looking i dont think these recieved yellow/red tail bands red 15 is mentioned as a G-10 with that W.Nr 157440, the only other G-10 with a W.Nr mentioned was green 21 W.Nr 491157

i will look again this afternoon when i'm back from work to check if i have not made a mistake.

That's consistent with Prien's list Wayne, although he has a "G-10/AS" profile.

Checked back in Reschke's book. He has a G-10 in the loss list with that same WNr 157440 but it's red 5 not 15. So we have a questionable WNr as well as a questionable aircraft number!

Weknummer errors are all too common in Luftwaffe records,particularly lost lists.

My bet is that 157xxx should be 151xxx but then the 440 doesn't work either :(

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back