Jan will be sad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good luck to everyone on the job front. Few things suck as bad as being in a job that you don't like for whatever reason. Been there done that.
Guess I can count myself lucky. Found a job 18 years ago where they apreciate extra effort and let you know....... and it pays petty well for what it is.....and has a good pension. Will probably stay there till I retire.

Sorry to hear you're not working at the resto shop anymore, Aaron - I know that's a super cool occupation and very rewarding *BUT* only if the workplace is a good one, which this sounds like it wasn't any longer. At least you had a fall-back and this might lead to a much better job down the road!

And Karl, Even and Joe, sorry to hear you guys have had difficulties, too...

In my case, I tried to heal as fast as I could to get back to work and I come to find out that they didn't take me back because the younger guy in charge of the tech department was on a power trip and ended up taking over not only my department, but the GM position, too. So his power-play took from me not only a fantastic job that I thoroughly enjoyed, but my livelyhood, too. So I hope the rat-bastard rides high on his trip, so that he has a much longer way to fall when karma rises up and yanks him off his pedestal...

Oh that totally sucks!!!!

But yes - karma! Believe in it. Every dog will have it's day.

I still have the Valley Animal Center that I can go to for "work". No money but great inner satisfaction.

DITTO! Somehow I seem to be busier than before I retired. Who 'da thunk it?
Aaron, Joe, Karl, best of luck, guys, these things usually turn out better in the end. Nothing as corrosive as a hateful job.
Cheers,
Wes
People think that when you retire, you've got nothing better to do than be at their beck and call endlessly. Volunteer work is how I get rest.

I thought retirement would allow time to work on old cars,models, and other projects that I started, but I find that I am busier with other stuff than when I worked. Everyone says "you have time now to help me with ( you name it)". If I refuse, I'm cold , uncaring, self centered etc. When I point out that I worked 45 Years for this retirement, I'm told I am selfish and don't care about others. Some time back, my wife and I went to her Christmas party at her work. I had been retired just a few years and at the party we saw a lady that had retired the previous year. After the usual greetings, when an opportunity came, I asked if she had more time now or was she busier. She said she had no time for herself now as her daughters always needed her to pick something up for them or watch the kids or get them after school. I used that as proof to my wife about my time and of course you know how that was received but it was worth it as now I get to say " Of course I can, I have nothing else to do." I apparently like to start trouble. Must be my German ancestry. In short, plan to be busier doing things you don't want to do. Instead of saying "yes dear" I now say "yes sergeant".

All I can say (from personal experience) is that when you are unexpectedly fired, and all you feel upon arrival home is a vast sense of relief that you don't have to go back there the next day... that it was past time to go somewhere else.

Thanks
Best of luck fellas, I hope you all find gainful (and enjoyable) employment soon. As for you retired guys, listen, I need some help with a little project of mine and seeing as how you probably aren't doing anything now that you're retired...
Make you a deal, Peter. I'll help you with your project if you'll disarm this live grenade a deceased neighbor of mine brought back from Iwo Jima and his family left on my doorstep. The other three were blown up in various 4th of July celebrations over the years. Deal??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread