Jan will be sad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Most of you know that I have worked in a Mopar restoration shop for more that 20 years now. Things were not going well for me. So, after beating along for way too long and hoping for better things, I turned in my notice the first week of August. He let me go immediately. I had a job waiting fortunately. So I have made a transition to standard auto mechanic. Way different mindset needed but am getting use to it. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Cheers;
Brooks

Aaron, I feel your pain.

After 14 years working at the USAFA and 2 years with the current contractor, I was let go last Monday. I was actually looking to jump ship for about 6 months now as the current contractor is clueless along with some of the people I work(ed) with, unfortunately they beat me to the punch before I had an other job secured. It's looking like this is the first time in my 40 years plus working full time that I will be collecting unemployment. Luckily back in October I paid off my condo so even on unemployment I could make ends meet and have money left over.

Basically I have 3 weeks severance pay as well as a few days vacation coming. Right now I'm passively looking for another job but for the most part I'm taking the month of December off - might even take January off too!

Good luck to you Arron - to me happiness is worth more than a paycheck although both are a necessity.

Good stuff Aaron.

i am going in to work on Monday to give my notice !
little sad this job has not worked out but ive give it a year and things are not improving so i need to move on :lol:

Good luck Karl. You will not have a problem finding work. Thank you all for the wishes. And hoping for the best for you Joe, though I have a feeling it won't be long and you'll have a good job. Thank you again folks. :notworthy:

ABW and Rochie , Good luck and best wishes on finding new jobs that bring fulfillment and happiness. Life in a bad job is like being in the bottom of a toilet bowl. At that point, things can only look up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back