Jeff's jpegs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff where you with the police in Guelph? If you were you would be famaliar with the place I work.

Nice photos and acreage Jeff, something I really miss when I left home. We had 40, 30 still in trees. Even had a trout stream running through it.

IMG_0004 copy.JPG

Those of you who hang around the board a bit may remember my thread about my fishing trip from last August. Anyhow, one of the side benefits of travelling 800 miles north is I get a chance to see Bald Eagles which are pretty cool birds. Their range has expanded considerably over the past few years and I know that they have made it into southern Ontario.

This past Sunday I was driving into Guelph when I found this guy in a tree about 1 mile from my place. It was pretty damned cool and so was he as he just sat there and let me right to the base of the tree that he was sitting in. That is the closest I have ever been to a Bald Eagle in the wild. Truly epic!

IMG_0116.JPG

Being a red blooded Canadian I love the sport of hockey. While my best playing days are long in the rear view mirror I still love to get out and watch others play and have a good time. The secondary school that I work at was in need of a coach to take the girls team forward so last year I stepped into the breach along with a couple of teachers and a long time friend of mine.

Earlier this week we qualified for the provincial regional playoff tournament where the winner will be heading to Owen Sound Ontario in a couple of weeks for the Provincial Finals.

In addition to being pretty good hockey players, these girls to a person, are wonderful all around people who have given back plenty to our community throughout this season. They range in age from 14 to 18 and I am incredibly proud of them for both their on ice and off ice activities.

Hockey rocks.......

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back