Jeff's jpegs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sure there were a few steps in between
Okay, we caught a few more, then we went back to the dock and secured the boat, climbed the steps to the cabin, sat down to discuss who's turn it was to clean the fish, fish were then filleted by Greg, while Tom fired up the deep frying device and I cleaned and cut up the potatoes and also made a Caesar salad. Everything was put together and we had a wonderful meal.

I have a vague recollection of a large brown bottle containing something Canadians call Rye as well as ginger ale and ice. Oh yes, some beer for the beer batter that was used on the fish.

I think that is it.

Jeff

I am puppy sitting this week as my son and daughter-in-law head south to Florida. My guy Willie is seen here on the left and his brother Rutley is with him as they catch some early morning sun.

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

IMG_0001.JPG

Something completely different today.

Recently an elderly friend of ours passed away at the age of 96. Elsie was a war bride, marrying a young Canadian whom she met during the second world war. Elsie lived in Aldershot England and her late husband, Roy, was stationed there before embarking on a trip to Italy to drive the Hun out of the boot.

Well, my wife and I have become the owners of their condominium and for the past week we have been cleaning it out. Today I came across this photo. The young boy named Ron, is Elsie's nephew. He was born in 1935 and he looks to be about 7 or 8 years old which would mean this photo is from somewhere around 1942 or 1943 or so. Clearly it is after Elsie and Roy were seeing each other as Ron is wearing a Montreal Canadians sweater. For those who do not know, the Montreal Canadians are a professional hockey team and they play in the National Hockey League.

Since I took this picture I have been able to erase the name printed on it.

On the back all it says is......Gillian Avenue, Aldershot.

Ron is still alive and I have been in his company a couple of times. He now lives in Cornwall.

I thought you might all be interested because of the guest of honour who is seated at the top of the ladder.

Anyhow, there you have it. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back