Jeff's jpegs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hunt163.jpg

At the end of May of this year my youngest son got married. Prior to going to the ceremony, photos were taken out at my place including one of yours truly with my two sweethearts. Angie, my wife of over 31 years and our granddaughter Kaydence.

hunt163.jpg
hunt164.jpg

Even Willie got dressed up for the occasion, sporting one of my old clip on Police ties and damn, he looked way nicer than I did.

Cheers,

Jeff

Arrived home last night about 15:45 hrs after leaving my brothers place at 03:00 hrs. As always, the fishing was great.

When one gets away from the light pollution of civilization, you can really begin to appreciate the night time sky. Millions and millions of stars, planets and even the occasional satellite.

Using 30 second exposures I captured these images of the sky from just north of Nakina Ontario.

In the first photo, a satellite can be seen streaking across the sky near the top right corner.

The second photo was taken near where the camp fire was burning and the redddish glow is the reflection of the fire off of the trees.

The third photo captures a portion of the milky way galaxy.

Photo 4, my favorite of the set was taken along the driveway to my brothers cabin and was shot to capture the Big Dipper Constellation and the last is a "closeup" of the dipper.

I think the slight blurr is a combination of two things, one...camera shake when depressing the shutter button and the second thing I am thinking is perhaps because of the length of the exposure the stars in the sky would have moved slightly to the location of the camera.

Perhaps someone with more experience with long night exposures of the sky can confirm or deny my second thought.

Hope you enjoy.

IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Outstanding! Love the one with the trees. Not sure of the exposure time needed to make the stars swish but it could probably be calculated. You might want to get yourself a remote shutter release though fo eliminate the shake factor.

Great shots Jeff.
I agree with Andy - the slight blur will be from the shutter release, just enough, at that shutter speed, to have an effect. I haven't seen it on DSLRs yet, but my Olympus OM series SLRs had a mirror lock-up, to prevent this problem on long exposures.

Both my DSLRs have a plug in the side for a remote shutter release . The release unit is a simple hand held box with a button and it's connected to the camera by a cable.

Yep, I got one from Amazon a couple of years back, only cost about £5. Before I got the 'proper' remote control pistol grip, I had it taped to a standard pistol grip, attached to the camera and 300mm lens, and it worked very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back