Junkers Ju-188 (Italeri, 1/72)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

canopy is finally masked... I have added amunition belts and empty shell "bag"
and we have wing now :)

ju188wip011.jpg

ju188wip012.jpg

Cheers
Roman

thx guys a lot

Canopy is glued into position... for now how I can see it's great fit...
Engines are still in dry fit, but wheel bays and engine support are glued...

ju188wip013.jpg

ju188wip014.jpg

Roman

thx guys :)

primer is on :) and dont need any more care about rear gun , LOL,...

those gunsy just pray me: Please touch us and broke us... all day long :)

ju188wip015.jpg

ju188wip016.jpg

ju188wip017.jpg

Cheers

Roman

Good progress. I always try to find a way of leaving off delicate items such as guns, if possible, then fitting them after painting.
But sometimes, it can't be done !

thx guys...
in this situation cant be doned because they must be glued from inside the cockpit :(

Does someone mybe know whitch colors are used for upper surface?

Ju188-D2-403f-s.jpg

bottom is black... I have found somehwere that upper is mix of: RLM65, And on it goes: RLM 02 / 71 combination?

Cheers

Roman

Sorry for the small pic, but could it be like No. 9?

koenbeg72011a.jpg

1) Ju188A-2, 1/KG2, France, 1944. Standard RLM70/71, but with black undersides and large patches of RLM76 oversprayed and some squiggles on the rudder. Curiously there's no swastika.

2) Ju188F-2, Aufklarungsgruppe 22, Norway, 1943. Standard bomber camo of RLM70/71/65 but with eastern front yellow and winter whitewash. This version needs the camera openings added in the rear fuselage, of which no mention is made in the instructions.

3)Ju188F-2, same as #2, but without the whitewash, and no 20mm nose cannon.

4) Ju188D-2, Unknown unit, Kassel, Germany, early 1945. Recce version with Jumo engines, apparently oversprayed with RLM76 and splotched with RLM81. Having seen a photo of this plane in the AJ press Ju188/388 book it indeed looks splotchy but not sure of the colors. No nose cannon as well.

5)Now here's a nice option, a Ju188A (possibly an A-3) of KG26, Norway, fall 1944. Standard bomber RLM70/71/65 bomber scheme but with RLM76 squiggles all over the upper surfaces. Might need the torpedo control fairing added on the left side, no mention of this in the instructions, so check your references. This option also lacks the nose cannon.

6)Ju188E-1y, I/KG66, France, 1943. KG66 was very involved in night bombing pathfinding missions using radio beams as guidance, and thus has an antenna where the top turret normally would be. The Italeri kit provides a blanking plate if the turret is not fitted by the way, leaving you only to scratch the antenna. The nose cannon was also removed. Black undersurfaces and RLM76 uppers. A photo in the infamous Warplanes of the Third Reich shows the black undersurface color extends into the fuselage side cross. A nice option if you don't like masking or standard bomber camo.

7)Ju188D-2, 4/FAGr 121, Beldringe, Denmark, may 1945. Standard RLM70/71/65, recce version. Not much color on this one, the only thing being the unit codes in red. Again no nose cannon.

8.)Ju188D-2, Unknown unit, Linz, Austria, 1945. Standard 70/71/65 camo, but rudder and nacelle fronts in yellow. Unit code in red.

9)Ju188F-2, KG200, Germany 1944-45. Standard splinter scheme, but with black undersurfaces and RLM76 mottle.

10)Ju188D-2, Braunschweig, Germany, spring 1945. Standard splinter scheme in 70/71/65, with the only color coming from the yellow wing tips, spinner spirals and the red Y.

11)Ju188E-2, KG6, western Europe, spring 1944. Now here's a bit of confusion... the AJ press book has a profile of this and lists it as being coded ZG-DM and being of KG6. However, Begemot decals show the small tail code as Z6-DM making this a KG66 aircraft. The type of camouflage would seem to fit this, too, consisting of black undersides, RLM76 top and RLM74 spots. The pattern isn't really mottled but appears to have been made with masks. The cockpit framing also appears as a dark color. Like #1, no swastika.

Edit: A much better pic here: http://begemotdecals.ru/doc/72-011 Ju-188 v2.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back