Kyusyu J7W1 "Shinden" CGI Project (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ha-43-42 engine for J7W1 seems to have been modified largely from Ha-43 aka Mitsubishi A20.
Its appearance would have been almost like this.

J7W1_52.jpg

A fascinating look inside the fuselage!
This photograph is from the NASM Website and is available under terms of the Creative Commons Zero License.
Listed as: Mitsubishi Ha 42 Model 41 Ru (Ha 214 Ru), Radial 18 Engine
As a volunteer at Smithsonian, I helped prepare this engine as it was being sent to Japan on loan for a museum display. I don't know which museum there. Reminded me of a 3350 with dual Daimler/Jumo type superchargers.
id=NASM-A19710895000-NASM2015-02500-000001&max=900.jpg

I forgot to add that I have seen the center fuselage with the wings over at Garber many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
This photograph is from the NASM Website and is available under terms of the Creative Commons Zero License.
Listed as: Mitsubishi Ha 42 Model 41 Ru (Ha 214 Ru), Radial 18 Engine
As a volunteer at Smithsonian, I helped prepare this engine as it was being sent to Japan on loan for a museum display. I don't know which museum there. Reminded me of a 3350 with dual Daimler/Jumo type superchargers.
View attachment 699170

I forgot to add that I have seen the center fuselage with the wings over at Garber many years ago.
Thanks for your information, Tony.
That engine is now displayed at the Kakamigahara Air and Space Museum.

20180817_Ha42_for_Hiryu.jpg

Source: ハ42(ハ214) - つくぶすま68の備忘ログ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back