Kyusyu J7W1 "Shinden" CGI Project

Finally I know why I had to attached so many air intakes when I assembled my first J7W1 cardboard model 50 years ago. ;) :lol:
Yes, there are three air intakes on the side.

1. To cool the engine

2. To take air for the supercharger

3. To cool the oil cooler

J7W1_61.JPG
 
Engine with fuselage frame.
Rest job will be adding cockpit equipments, 30mm cannons and vertical planes as well as putting bead finish on the inner skin.
Thanks.

J7W1_62.JPG
 
IJN Type5 30mm fixed cannon :smile:

J7W1_63.JPG
IJN_Type5_30mm.jpg

Source: The Whole Picture of Aviation Technologies (1955)
 
That Type 5 was a bit late to the war effort, but I've read that it was a good performer with the J2M.
Thanks for the info, Dave :smile:

J7W1_65.JPG
 
What is going on inside the two cylinders aft of the engine? Does that internal fan turn at the prop rpm or was it geared like the BMW 801?
Screenshot 2023-03-05 075336.jpg

This thread is partly why I've picked Shinden for Stormy Weather GB. When you are done, I know you will have several different paint schemes for it. Very impressive work!
 
What is going on inside the two cylinders aft of the engine? Does that internal fan turn at the prop rpm or was it geared like the BMW 801?
View attachment 709881
This thread is partly why I've picked Shinden for Stormy Weather GB. When you are done, I know you will have several different paint schemes for it. Very impressive work!

I understand it like this.
No more idea about the details.

J7W1_66.JPG
 
It really is impressive work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back