Leap of faith

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Well guys, I pulled the trigger.

Turned in my resignation here is Saudi Arabia this morning to return to the US November 1st. What is the leap you ask? I don't have a job.....yet. I have one lined up and I'm about 98% sure to get it. The PM told he is sees nothing to stop it and he requested me personally. 5 year project in Idaho and I'll be the IT and Office Manager for the entire project.

Still, quitting without having another job secured is VERY unnerving. I'm just so tired of it here. Tired of being bored. Tired of no friends. Tired of missing my family. Tired of how s$$tty these people drive. Tired of not seeing women that don't have a big black tent over their head! Tired of how half the people here STINK. Three years in this heat is enough.......too much really. Something had to give so I'm unbelievably thankful for this new opportunity and I get to go back to the company I was with for 20 years. Now it just need it to be finalized so I can breathe peacefully again!!!! Stomach is in knots right now.

Well guys, I pulled the trigger.

Turned in my resignation here is Saudi Arabia this morning to return to the US November 1st. What is the leap you ask? I don't have a job.....yet. I have one lined up and I'm about 98% sure to get it. The PM told he is sees nothing to stop it and he requested me personally. 5 year project in Idaho and I'll be the IT and Office Manager for the entire project.

Still, quitting without having another job secured is VERY unnerving. I'm just so tired of it here. Tired of being bored. Tired of no friends. Tired of missing my family. Tired of how s$$tty these people drive. Tired of not seeing women that don't have a big black tent over their head! Tired of how half the people here STINK. Three years in this heat is enough.......too much really. Something had to give so I'm unbelievably thankful for this new opportunity and I get to go back to the company I was with for 20 years. Now it just need it to be finalized so I can breathe peacefully again!!!! Stomach is in knots right now.
I did the same in 1989, I was in Al Khobar. I got to even hating barbeques, swimming pools, air conditioning, marble floors and sand. Good luck, I am sure it will all work out. You only have one life and living in Saudi is a waste of it. When I came back from KSA the colour of trees, plants and flowers hurt my eyes for a few hours, Idaho looks pretty much the same, that's something to look forward to when you get back.

I did the same in 1989, I was in Al Khobar. I got to even hating barbeques, swimming pools, air conditioning, marble floors and sand. Good luck, I am sure it will all work out. You only have one life and living in Saudi is a waste of it. When I came back from KSA the colour of trees, plants and flowers hurt my eyes for a few hours, Idaho looks pretty much the same, that's something to look forward to when you get back.

Ah you know my area. I'm in Jubail. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing those tall things with the green leafy things all over them.

And you are right. Unless you are muslim, being here is a waste of life. Hell, even the muslims leave this place for their vacation to go somewhere fun and places with life. I haven't spoken with too many Saudi's that actually like it here.

Ah you know my area. I'm in Jubail. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing those tall things with the green leafy things all over them.
I was working in Jubail on the Petromin Shell refinery doing thermography when someone tried to blow up a storage tank on the Sadaf refinery next door. The fool used his security pass to enter and leave so was caught within hours. It was only a prison offense at the time but good king Fahd made it a capital offense and they beheaded him after Friday prayers. Happy days.

good king Fahd made it a capital offense and they beheaded him after Friday prayers.
Sounds like an excellent way to decrease the criminal/terrorist population. Guy here killed an entire family including children been on Death Row for 12 years and still filing appeals. One inmate claimed he was to stupid to know what he was doing when he killed a woman and her two kids AND had a bad lawyer, another appealed because he was too sick to be executed
Grandpappy told my Pappy "Back in my day son, a man had to answer for the wicked that he done"
I most sincerely wish you get everything you want and welcome home

Good for you!
After the first golf war there was some talk at the company I worked for at the time about going after some road building contracts there and they were asking if any one would be interested. The money was real good and I was single at the time so I gave it some serious thought but decided against it. I don't think I would have lasted six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back