List Ur Favorite Albums of All Time...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some that come to mind

BTW adler why do you call yourself "the greatest metallica fan of all time"??

I just like to call myself that. Ofcourse there are fans out there that like Metallica just as I do.

When it comes to a band I give them all my attention and time.

I have seen them 9 times:

26 Feb, 1989 Charlotte, NC
24 Aug, 1991, Munich, Germany
7 Sep, 1992 Columbia, SC
23 Nov, 1992 Stuttgart, Germany
1 Dec, 1992 Stuttgart, Germany
23 Aug, 1997 Stuttgart, Germany
21 May, 1999 Nurnberg, Germany (Rock im Park Festival)
14 Dec, 2003 Mannheim, Germany
4 Jun, 2006 Nurnberg, Germany (Rock im Park Festival + The second time in Metallica history they played the whole Master of Puppets albums straight through)

I own all of there albums on CD:

Kill Em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice For All
Metallica (Black Album)
Load
ReLoad
Garage Inc
SM
St. Anger

Also on CD:

Live **** Binge and Purge
A copy of the Metal Massacre tape
A copy of the 5.98 EP Garage Days Re-revisited
The Unforgiven II Single
The Memory Remains Single
St. Anger Single

On Vinyl Record I have:

Jump in the Fire single
Whiplash Single
Creeping Death Single
5.98 EP Garage Days Re-revisited
Harvestor of Sorrow Single

On Tape or DVD I have:

Cliff Em All
A Year and Half in the Life of Metallica
Live **** Binge and Purge
3 of One
Some Kind of Monster
S&M

I also have 23 Metallica Shirts including one from each tour that I have seen them on.

Basically I am a very die hard Metallica fan!

Yes you are correct, I meant 2 of one. I also forgot to add up there the DVDs of Cunning Stunts and Classic Albums: Metallica - The Black Album and I should be ordering soon The Videos 1989-2004.

The 5.98 EP I got from my sister.

Metallica-Master of Puppets
Metallica-And Justice For All...
Megadeth-Rust In Peace
Megadeth- Countdown To Extinction
Pantera-Cowboys From Hell
Disturbed-10000 fists
Disturbed-The Sickness
Rise Against-All of them
GNR-Appetite For Destruction
Limp Bizkit-Chocolate Starfish
Korn-Freak On A Leash
Linkin Park- Hybrid Thoery

Well for the Metllica Fans out there. I think the album is going to rock. From the bands very own mouths themselves they said they are going to back to the old style.

Rob Trujillo said:

METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo told Greece's Rock Hard magazine a few weeks ago that the band's upcoming album will feature elements of two of the group's most popular records, 1986's "Master of Puppets" and 1991's self-titled "black album." When asked to describe the new album's sound, Trujillo said, "I would say that this album is dynamic, heavy, groovin' and you'll probably be excited to know that there will be guitar solos on it!...For me, this album incorporates part of the dynamic and character of 'Master of Puppets', as well as the melodic style that people liked in the 'black album,' as far as the melodies are concerned."

Kirk also said:

Trujillo's comments echoed those of lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, who told Austrian web site Krone.at that he thinks the new CD is "the best album we've put out in, say, 15 years."

In an earlier interview Rob said that the 2 New Songs that were debuted last year while on tour in Europe will not be on the new album and were basically just jam songs.

That would also explain the raw sound and feeling to them.

Melbourne too hopefully8)

Actually a guitarist on a music forum I'm part of saw the justice tour in 89 when they came to Melbourne. He was in the front row and Hetfield made eye contact with him a few times, also spat beat all over him.

Man that is an ace memory8)

Looks like I'm in excellent company . . . I never did like hip-hop/rap/whatever they call it now . . . I'm old, but I can still rock . . . here are my top 10 choices:

1. Led Zeppelin - Zoso (or IV)
2. Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
3. Aerosmith - Toys
4. Metallica - Master
5. Metallica - Black
5. Van Halen - Van Halen
6. Led Zeppelin - Song Remains The Same
7. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive! (my one concession to "pop" music)
8. Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
9. Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
10. Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Oz

I didn't know Jason was gone from Metallica; I can still remember the day he joined Metallica back in '86 after he left Flotsam Jetsam. I remember it was a big deal trying to figure out who James, Kirk Lars were gonna choose to replace Cliff. I'm originally from the Bay Area, so they're kinda my hometown boys. An ex-girlfriend of mine ran into Kirk at a local recording studio back in '86; she said he was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I've only seen Metallica once, at a Monsters Of Rock concert in Oakland, CA back in '87, and we had terrible seats (we could only see James from where we were sitting). Maybe next time . . .

Still seeing them in 87 is pretty sweet. 2nd best part of their live career was then just before Damaged Justice tour.

Looks like I'm in excellent company . . . I never did like hip-hop/rap/whatever they call it now . . . I'm old, but I can still rock . . . here are my top 10choices:

1. Led Zeppelin - Zoso (or IV)
2. Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
3. Aerosmith - Toys
4. Metallica - Master
5. Metallica - Black
5. Van Halen - Van Halen
6. Led Zeppelin - Song Remains The Same
7. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive! (my one concession to "pop" music)
8. Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
9. Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
10. Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Oz

Nice list there.

SoD Stich said:
I didn't know Jason was gone from Metallica; I can still remember the day he joined Metallica back in '86 after he left Flotsam Jetsam. I remember it was a big deal trying to figure out who James, Kirk Lars were gonna choose to replace Cliff. I'm originally from the Bay Area, so they're kinda my hometown boys. An ex-girlfriend of mine ran into Kirk at a local recording studio back in '86; she said he was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I've only seen Metallica once, at a Monsters Of Rock concert in Oakland, CA back in '87, and we had terrible seats (we could only see James from where we were sitting). Maybe next time . . .

Yeap he left the band back in 2001. I too am a big Metallica fan. Saw them for the first time back in 1989 and seen them 9 times total and the last time being last summer at Rock im Park festival where they played the whole Master of Puppets album! Was truely amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back