Little girl defends herself

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• shot_sizes.jpg
    shot_sizes.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 80
Here in Canada, lethal force is legal so long as it meets the definition of 'reasonable force'. IOW, if an old lady starts swinging her handbag at you in the mall, you are required to make every reasonable effort to leave the scene and let law enforcement handle it. OTOH, if someone(s) breaks into your house, and you have reasonable grounds to believe that they mean you (or others in the house) harm, you are allowed to use the necessary level of force, up to, and including lethal force, to defend yourself. This derives from the English common law principle, that 'a man's home is his castle'. You do not have to flee your own home.

If you shoot an intruder, the police will probably arrest and charge you, but once the authorities are reasonably sure that the shooting victim is in fact, an intruder, the charges will be dropped. Of course, the 'reasonable force' defence does not apply if the intruder(s) are attempting to flee...

Two years ago, my friend's 19 yr old grandson was stabbed and died while violently breaking (with 3 or 4 others)into a house and threatening the occupants. They were attempting to forcibly retrieve a 14 yr old girl that had run away with her boyfriend...

The killer was charged, but never brought to trial. And IMO, that is exactly how it should be. All this misery could have been avoided by letting the authorities handle it.

As for myself, my home has been robbed (while we were away) and because I don't have to worry about children, I have a 12 ga. Ithaca pump and a box of #4 birdshot in the bedroom closet. And if I ever feel threatened, I have no moral qualms about using it. "Better to be tried by twelve than to be carried by six"...

We've had a spate of vicious home invasions, mainly targeting the elderly, here (Nova Scotia) recently, including one where a 70 yr old man was beaten to death by a gang of thugs, so I have little sympathy for anyone who gets wasted while breaking into homes. Good for that little girl, and I hope she will realize that she did what had to be done.

JL

Well said, buzzard. If you have the forethought and right of mind in such an adrenalin rush, if you can yell out that you feel like your life is being threatened, that too will count in your favor.

But then again, such a situation is not scripted in Hollywood nor by liberal defence attornies. Too bad Canada has gone to the Darkside with respect to gun ownership. These elderly people used to have a quick and definitive response.

"God made men. Samuel Colt made them equal." Those are words to live or die by.

Too bad Canada has gone to the Darkside with respect to gun ownership. These elderly people used to have a quick and definitive response.

"God made men. Samuel Colt made them equal." Those are words to live or die by.

Yeah... I'm starting to consider buying a crossbow just to go around that stupid law.

Attachments

• 06_Rattler_Crossbow.jpg
    06_Rattler_Crossbow.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 92
Good for the girl...better two worthless scums dead than a girl with her whole life ahead...I really hope she will be ok...killing two men is not an easy thing to take.

Places with the strictest gun control laws in the US usually have the highest crime rates, kind of funny, don't ya think???

Aman....I live in Northern Arizona ...The wild wild west... Its the part of the country were the Indian wars took place ..Geronmo lived and did his stand off up in these hills ..So the gun is a big part of are way of life..We have a Rugger gun plant in town that employs people...Lots of gun shops.. You can have a gun on your hip in plan site just like the old west .. Anyone can ..You can not bring the gun into a bar bank or church..They sale guns at the swap meet out in plan site.. You go to the supermarket and the guy in line in front of you has a Glock or Rugger or old Colt on his hip...No biggy..Its just your "right" to do so...Most homes have guns in them...Theres the Gunsite Ranch up here google that if you do not know what it is...

No one locks there doors .. Very low crime..No real shotings pre say...Real nice place to live ...Everyones nice

Now would you dick with someone or break into a home in this town...?

My family and I were victims twice back in the late 60's when we lived in NYC during the high heroin usage days when the aholes were stoned and breaking into houses looking for anything they could grab to buy dope. I remember how we felt after we found out someone was inside, how helpless and violated you felt that someone can brazenly come into your dwelling,you know,where your supposed to be safe and steal your hard earned valuables. Don't care if it's a necklass or your safe you don't belong in someone's home. Have a Springfield XD .40 and a Benelli Nova tactical with .00,.00,.00,slug,slug waiting for the someone to break in. Losers.......

I also have a nice machete under my bed if they should happen to crawl in the upstairs bedroom window. God I'd hate to be in anyones shoes who tries that!

No. I have other mad skills. :lol:

Doubleposting just happens to be one that gets most attention from the babes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back