Looking for Information on RAN S2G Trackers

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by parsifal, Oct 6, 2009.

1. parsifal

parsifal Well-Known Member

Urban Design/Strategic Studies Tutor
    My next project is a Grumman tracker (overall aim is to achieve a collection of all RAN Fleet Air Arm Types, all the way back to '47).

Ive already hit some problems. I could only get the Tracker in 1/72 scale (the A-4 was in 1/48 scale....I will need to think about re-doing the A-4 I guess.....), and am stumped as to the decals I will need. I may have to make them myself, which is difficult. The Kit i have (1/72 Hasegawa) is an S2F-1 in US livery from 1965 I think. Great representation, but not in line with what I want to achieve. The problem with the f-1 is that it is apparently slightly shorter than the E/G models that were used by the RAN.

Does anyone have or know where i can find details of colour schemes and other body art (eg like the little warning signs and other graffiti put on the aircraft). Unlike the A-4 (which I have just completed as a first build),I dont yet have a specific aircraf in mind, just the squadron....816

In summary, I am looking for:

photographic information
    colour schemes,
    Available kits and
    decals schemes for RAN trackers.

Not looking for much really........

2. Wildcat

Wildcat Well-Known Member

Workin' for the man....

Attached Files:

3. parsifal

Thanks Wildcat. That pretty much nails most of the issues and concerns I had about this build

4. parsifal

Does anyone have any details on the internal layout of the cockpit and crew areas? I was considering modifying the model to better depict these areas. Include the two additional crew position not shown. Modify the kit to show the MAD extension, and allow the radomes and sonar arrays to be retractable. A bit of work, but doable, if I can get some information on internal layouts...