LoyalNine IL2 Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LoyalNine

Airman
Sep 29, 2009
Rex Sox territory
Accurate Miniatures IL2 1/48

Alrighty then... This is my first model in well (thinking) I am 37 now and the last one I did was an F14 when I was about 11 or 12.

I bought this kit off a local hobby shop a couple years ago and its been sitting in my garage since then. The paints and stuff are a mix of stuff I bought off of Craigslist and a few things I picked up myself.

I do have an airbrush (benefit of being an art major in college I guess) but I never did really get the groove on with it because I never bothered to follow through with trying to learn it at the time. But hey its a double action Badger so I sure it will work. I'll figure it out...

I almost bought a Dauntless or Wildcat yesterday as the paint scheme would have been easier but I need to finish this and I really like the VVS aircraft. I also have no directions for this kit. I emailed Accurate Miniatures and told them what I had. They sent me back a link for the 2 seater. I emailed back and told them I had the single seater with wheels not skis and requested the instructions. I have yet to get a response. I figure I'll get my with the directions I have. After all its just one less seat right???
:rolleyes:

So here it is 10/07/2009 Post 1 to show what I have. Friday I shall get busy and post more shots as I go along.

Any critiques, hints and tips along the way GREATLY appreciated.

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back