Marcel's photo's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yup, it's like a whole new world. This is my best so far, I think:
21004549495_ae318eff24_b.jpg

Last Sunday night we had great thunderstorms and rain. About 80mm of rain fell in about 4 hours, which is quite a lot. As you know our land is lower than the top of the water, so we have to do this to keep our feet dry. Last sunday, water was only 10 cm lower than the floor of my hous, so I just kept it dry. Still pumpig after 3 days:
water_20150902_0009.jpg

Very scary stuff Marcel, I get the jitters knowing we were driving along at the bottom of the dike, last time I visited your country. Hope your not going to be swamped by the next storm.

Up until now it is 30 mm of rain today, less then expected. Still got dry feet :)

Other than many of you, we here in the Netherlands feel the brute force of the climate change. In the 4 days that we are in the month September, wegot the same amount of rain that normally falls in the whole month. And we still have 26 days to go... GLobal warming is real and climate change is real. We'll have to invest even more in our water management. Fortunately, our water-engineers are the best in the world and we haven't had a major disaster since the one in 1953.
No pictures today, the weather was awful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back