Marcel's photo's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent shots Marcel! I have the 50mm 1.4f. Still learning how and when to use it, but it takes some great shots when used properly.
Ah, I thought the 1.4 was too expensive, so I bought the 1.8. No complains, I don't mis the extra .4 apperture and the pictures are exellent. I actually use it instead of the 18-55mm kitlens I got with this camera. But sometimes I wished I had a 35mm prime as well, needing a little more wide-angle.

So this is the thing with the 50mm prime. It restrics you in framing, so you have to walk all the time. But because of the fact that it uses less glass than a zoomlens, combined with a greater apperture, it'll give you much sharper images and better performance under low light conditions. Especially with my old Canon 1000D. This is a DSL I bought 8 years ago or so. The sensor is thus very old and compared to modern sensors, much worse. It'll give unusable pictures over 400 ISO, because of the noise. But with this lens, I was still able to shoot this picture in very dark circumstances at only 400 ISO and an F/2.2. This was without flas ( I hate flash, especially on this camera).

A Poison Dart frog:

Users who are viewing this thread