Markings for Schnaufer's Bf110C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK

Hello everyone!

I have just bought Illiad's new 1/48 scale decals, which contain the markings for Schnaufer's Bf110E night fighter G9 + LN

I actually intend to use them on a Bf110C as some years ago, and I cannot rememberfrom where - except it was a Japanese web site, i saw the same markings for a Bf110C identified as being Schnaufer's.

Can anyone heklp me to confirm - or otherwise - I can use these markings on a Bf110c nighfoghter.

Thanks and regards,

weinace
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
:p

Last edited:
I haven't found any pic of Schnaufer's kite so far. But I found these two profiles via the net. Both profiles present the Bf 110C G9+LN, 5./NJG 1, St Trond, Summer 1942.

Attachments

• Bf110C G9_LN profile.jpg
    Bf110C G9_LN profile.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Bf110C G9_LN profile1.jpg
    Bf110C G9_LN profile1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 88
And one more in Osprey book titled German Night Fighter Aces of World War 2....

Attachments

• Bf110C G9_LN profile2.jpg
    Bf110C G9_LN profile2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 105
Good morning (in UK) Wurger!

Thank you VERY much for your help and quick reply.

I did not waste my 'cash' thank G*d or 'The Boss' (i.e. the wife) would have been on my case.

Warm regards,

weinace:p

Heres a picture of him showing his 47th victory, still looking for one of the entire A/C these are other ones but

Attachments

• schnaufer2.jpg
    schnaufer2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 81
  • schnaufer.jpg
    schnaufer.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 4lgmwkh.gif
    4lgmwkh.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 54mj49g.jpg
    54mj49g.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Yep, that's his 'G', or one of them. I think I have a pic purporting to be his 'C'. Problem is, the book is on a very low shelf, and I'm too stiff to bend to reach it at the moment!

Good morning (in UK) Wurger!

Thank you VERY much for your help and quick reply.

I did not waste my 'cash' thank G*d or 'The Boss' (i.e. the wife) would have been on my case.

Warm regards,

weinace:p

Hello Mate,

Glad I helped a little bit.

Concerning these pics above... The first one ...It is Schnaufer's Bf110G when he was the Staffelkapitän of 12./NJG at St. Trond in February 1944.The pic was taken after he had scored his 47 victory.
The second pic shows Schnaufer's Bf 110G Schleswig, Germany. 19 June 1945 - believing in our fine member FalkeEins' blog...

FalkeEins - my Luftwaffe blog: Wolfgang Schnaufer's Bf110G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back