MASTER MECHANIC

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
I hate this term. I saw someone try to use this as part of their bio. What a bunch of crap!!! There is no such thing! A real mechanic will always admit that they are always learning no matter how many years they have at their trade. This is especially true in aviation and it sickens me for anyone to say they are a "master mechanic." I've met guys out of the airforce who said they were a "master mechaincs." Well here's a 46 J3 with a 2 foot gash in it's fabric - fix that "Master Mechanic!!!!

I guarantee for every "Master Mechanic" there are 100 things I could find that you're not a master of and another 1000 things you haven't the slightest idea how to fix.

Sorry folks - just venting!

I know exactly what your say Joe. I have a very good friend who is what they call a Lead Tech. He is the head of his crew and delegates the work out as he sees fit but he won't claim to me a master because he says he is constantly learning. He works for a major car dealership in Portsmouth, VA.

its a ASE term. if you pass enough of there b.s. tests your a master mechanic. you even get a certificate to prove it so it must be true, right? I hear ya loud and clear.

You are absolutely correct Joe. The day you stop learning about aviation maintenance is the day you should stop being a mechanic. Too damn dangerous for you to be working on an aircraft.

its a ASE term. if you pass enough of there b.s. tests your a master mechanic. you even get a certificate to prove it so it must be true, right? I hear ya loud and clear.
I've been hearing it more and more on the aviation side. A load of crap. I seen "master mechanics" come out of the miliatry who didn't know what a magneto was.

I've been hearing it more and more on the aviation side. A load of crap. I seen "master mechanics" come out of the miliatry who didn't know what a magneto was.

That's that dude in X-Men, right? Old fart, wears the cool hat, hangs out with a nekkid Rebecca Romjin??

Attachments

• funny-pictures-pony-mechanic.jpg
    funny-pictures-pony-mechanic.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 8,687

Users who are viewing this thread

Back