Mayday.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I always try to pick models that are a bit inspirational. So anything Fleet Air Arm, British 1939-1969 or ugly/a bit unusual. Having said that, I have a half-built Sea Fury that I have nothing but apathy for. I started it a while back, got a base coat on, and have had no desire to work on it since.

I am rather excited about payday though, as I will be exchanging my readies for a Revell 1/72 T-2 Buckeye (it's naval, albeit American) and a Smer Amiot 143 (do they get any uglier?). Also got a Gannet and a Novo Gloster Javelin in the stash, both of which I am looking forward to, even if there is a certain amount of trepidation about taking on the Javelin! :oops::lol:

Take a deep breath and go for it....you'll do ok!:D

POLAND? if i am going to invade anyplace or start a revolution its got to be warm, sunny, white sand beaches, crystal blue water, hot women, and have its own rum company.

Yup, Poland. And then I get funny ideas about invading Norway, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Belgium, and then ponder a possible invasion of England - and then adding Italy, Japan and Russia as my ally.
Now you know why I don't like to listen to Wagner. :lol:

Hmmm, come to think of it, it is rather obvious that Hitler never tried to play RISK, innit? :D

I need to seek help! This cronic Startus Notfinishitis closely related to another variant of the Startus family...Changeitis Halfwayticus.....

Workload and weather is seriously doing a number on my inspiration! Almost done with the two '109's, fiddling with the decals, which is always fun, as the birds get their identity......poooof! Gone! Haven't touched them for, what.....two weeks now!
...and the Princely '88? Same there....vamoooosh...gone!

But, hang on... here's the kicker..... I've recently more and more been digging in my two Sherman tanks, eager to start on one of them....I mean, wtf!? Now I'm confused! :confused: :lol:

Some times, that is just what you need to do, build something different for a while, your aircraft inspiration will come back.

When I get "burned out" on aircraft, I'll go and build cars for a while, until I get burned out on them, then back to aircraft.

Now now old chap, you know what will happen, don't you? You'll get part way through building a Firefly, then start on a Tiger, then there'll be another two models part built!
Finish the '109's at least, then, if you're a good boy, you can start on one of the clanky clank thingys for Christmas. Now, it's your round .......

Well, seeing that I've got my internet back, being caught, getting a new straightjacket and lovely new padded room in this friendly clin.....never mind, might just be the boot in the rear end I need to get going again on some, eeerrmmmmm....of my projects! :oops: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back