Mayday.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good to hear you're getting there old boy! i think you're right, it's this time of year, with dismal weather and tiredeness causing apathy. Strange, the plans and enthusiasm for modelling, and especially looking at future projects, are strong, but the will to actually get on with it is weak. Still, a few wee drams over Christmas and I'm sure we can all produce some stunning Fockefireschmitts!

Jan

either put on some smooth quiet classical musik or play loud Schwere Metall, and work on one model at a time and finish it. yeah I am working on one title in particular but like always more questions and then answers and then trying to know in my fertile brain where to stop and continue the text. Hey all I know for the efforts put in by you/me and whomever it will work out for the best. am really excited about the stuff I am finding on my cousins unit found nowhere else from my understanding so it should be a total bitchin experience when completed ................ be positive !

the Big E ~

Can't be anything but positive among you guys! It's because of all the work in research that you guys put in, that p*sses me off the most with this not getting anything done in the production line. To be brutally honest, I feel like being a bit disrespectful to all your efforts...:oops:
Hopefully with an extra night off this and next week, I'll get things going again.

Back to ogle in the '110 and the Stuka books etc....

Erich, I think that I'd prefer some classical instead for the meral thingy....

I'll say to you what I said in a job interview once when asked what I would do to get co-workers to get to work. I pounded my fist lightly on the desk and said "Get to work"!!! Was a pretty layed back interview and the guy just laughed. I did get the job.

So I say to you Jan, GET TO WORK!!!;)

Uh oh, now I'm getting myself in trouble;) Going to get to work on it this weekend after the Christmas mess is done and over with. Still need to find some of those magnifying glass thingies so my eyes can see to paint those small cockpit details.

Nothing is so inspiring as putting on Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, Fourth Movement......

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!

Amamzing piece and very uplifting when you consider he was almost deaf when he wrote this!

Last edited:
Nothing is so inspiring as putting on Beethoven's Ninth Syphony, Fourth Movement......

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!

Amamzing piece and very uplifting when you consider he was almost deaf when he wrote this!

WHAT?

tom

Ok, I'll put it in perspective.

Its the music played all over the first 'Die Hard' movie with Bruce Willis.

and in 'Clockwork Orange'

its also known as 'Ode to Joy'

:)

Last edited:
...Wagner...try Wagner...I always get this insane urge to invade Poland, whenever I listen to Wagner! ;)

POLAND? if i am going to invade anyplace or start a revolution its got to be warm, sunny, white sand beaches, crystal blue water, hot women, and have its own rum company.

Almost lost motivation today BUT have a quick look at this photo and I'm motivated again. Whose the handsome guy in the cockpit?

Attachments

• Motivation.jpg
    Motivation.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 86
I always try to pick models that are a bit inspirational. So anything Fleet Air Arm, British 1939-1969 or ugly/a bit unusual. Having said that, I have a half-built Sea Fury that I have nothing but apathy for. I started it a while back, got a base coat on, and have had no desire to work on it since.

I am rather excited about payday though, as I will be exchanging my readies for a Revell 1/72 T-2 Buckeye (it's naval, albeit American) and a Smer Amiot 143 (do they get any uglier?). Also got a Gannet and a Novo Gloster Javelin in the stash, both of which I am looking forward to, even if there is a certain amount of trepidation about taking on the Javelin! :oops::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back