Meanwhile downunder...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

18 FEET is still one heck of a sight bigger than my pet gator that I had as a child. That was back they sold them on Fisherman's wharf in Monterey. Never did figure what we would have done with if it hadn't become ill and died after 18 months. Even the it was between 18 to twenty two inches long with a mouth full of sharp nasties.

...and again :lol:
Top End man attacked by croc, escaped by wrestling and poking it in the eyes, then drank beer as first aid.

A MAN who was attacked by a crocodile yesterday managed to escape after he wrestled and poked the beast in the eyes "like a true Territorian".

He then decided to have first aid "in the form of Carlton Dry."

Duty Superintendent Louise Jorgensen said the 20-year-old man had been hunting geese in wetlands near Wudaduk Outstation, about 20km from the remote community of Peppimenarti.

The man was attacked by a crocodile after wading into the water to recover a goose he had shot.

The crocodile is estimated to be about 2m in length.

"The crocodile had launched at him, latched onto his right arm and tried to pull him underwater, Superintendent Jorgensen said.

"Like a true Territorian he wrestled the crocodile and was able to shake it off finally by poking its eyes."

After the man returned to shore, he was administered first aid and conveyed to Wudaduk Outstation by quadbike where further first aid "in the form of Carlton Dry was administered".

"When Police and clinic staff arrived he was conveyed in a mildly intoxicated state to the clinic where his wounds were cleaned," she said.

The man was going to be conveyed to Royal Darwin Hospital by Care Flight for numerous puncture wounds, tears and claw marks to his arm and back but opted to drive instead.

The attack was reported about 7.20pm.
Top End man attacked by croc, escaped by wrestling and poking it in the eyes, then drank beer as first aid | NT News

There's water in OZ :shock:

coober-pedy26.jpg

Breakerways-Coober_Pedy_Fundraiser-5.jpg

Spent a little time in Darwin back in 82 83 time frame. The best people I ever met were Aussies. If I had a job I would be down under in half a hart beat.. We were invited to a party and our host said what ever you do, don't mix your labels. The Capt said don't try and keep up with the Aussies. I started on white label, they ran out... Green, they ran out.... Blue, you guessed it ended on Cattlemen s XXXX. I think I did anyway. There there was loud banging and my head hurt really bad. We were in the barracks at Darwin. It had a screen door and as each went out they let it slam. I opened my eyes and could not see anything. Oh the blanket is over my head. "The next SOB that slams that GD door will be dead after I feel better" I says. They all cheered, "Don's not dead" they said. I felt like I should be. It took 8 hours and a beer to feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back