What's in the Water Downunder? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
Yikes, this is pretty unbeleivable.

Australian boy breaks into Outback zoo, bashes lizards, feeds animals to giant crocodile
By KRISTEN GELINEAU , Associated Press

Last update: October 3, 2008 - 2:31 AM

SYDNEY, Australia - A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."

By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.

Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

Evil little Bass-turd ain't he. 7 years old is old enough to know better and know this is wrong. Like some of the posted said on the page I pulled this from, I bet his parents over indulge and are over affectionate towards him. The "my kid can do no wrong" type. Probably never been punished a day in his life? Who knows.

Certainly agree, Bucksnort. Seven years old is supposed to be the 'age of reason', when a child knows right from wrong, good from bad. And wasn't it said 'Show me the boy at seven, and I'll show you the man.' Or something similar?
Maybe they should introduce him to the croc, before 'the man' repeats his actions on other targets?

From wat I understood of the article the juvenile climbed over the Crocs fence to get a closer look, maybe a read that part wrong. If he did he is one lucky little troublemaker.

Parents need to pay for the animals, teach them to discipline their frikkin kid. Kid needs to be tossed into juvie on his 10th Bday, teach him a little bit of common sense, discipline, maturity, and to not drop the soap. Good thing something like this happened....otherwise, the first we'd've heard of this kid would be in 20 years when he's found with a bunch of severed arms in his freezer, or gets popped in a highschool after wasting a bunch of students.

I would feed the kid to the Croc...

Okay no seriously, this is bullshit. That kid is old eneogh to know that it was wrong. I watched some video of what he did, and he 100% knew what he was doing. The parents should have to pay for everything and that kid needs some serious help.

The Parents need classes to on how to raise children.

Where were the parents?! How is a 7 yr old out and about doing this ? And why is a child at that age even thinking of doing things like this?

As a father of a 7-year-old, I cannot fathom how a kid like that could not only do something like that, but be allowed to get into that kind of trouble. I would NEVER let my son wander off like that. My son is autistic (high functioning), so his brain works differently than ours and he processes things differently as well. But even with that, he knows better than to do something like that.

OK i agree with every one on this thread, that little piece of sh*t waste of space should be fed to the croc or alternatively someone can bash him with a rock then feed him to the/ a croc

I would NEVER let my son wander off like that. My son is autistic (high functioning), so his brain works differently than ours and he processes things differently as well. But even with that, he knows better than to do something like that.
With every respect due to your son, evanglider, I reckon this lad must process things in a very odd way. Croc must be a bit slow off the mark, the boy would have lasted longer.
Seriously though, I reckon the 2x4 should be used on the parents, forthwith.
How do you say it, with extreme malice?

There must be something about this Zoo that attracts "demonic" Aussie kids, as it's not the first time...

Reptile park owner criticises teen attack sentence. 15 October 2004. Alice Springs News

Australia : NT : Alice Springs
Last Update: Friday, October 15, 2004. 2:52 PM (ACST)

"The owner of Alice Springs's Reptile Centre has hit out at the sentence given to a teenager who viciously attacked one of the centre's deadly salt water crocodiles in August.
The 13-year-old boy escaped a jail term.
He was given a two month suspended sentence and put on a two year good behaviour bond, after admitting to using a ladder and a pool scoop to attack the crocodile.
The centre's Rex Neindorf says the sentence is an absolute joke.
He says the boy should have been sent to a juvenile detention centre for such a callous attack.
"He got our aluminium ladder and put it over the side of the pool into the pond, and put it on top of the crocodile and then proceeded to smash that into his head, with his feet hitting on top of the ladder, which then in turn smashed into the crocodile," Mr Neindorf said."

One wag on an ABC news site commented...

"Where's a dingo when you need one?"

Problem is, sounds like this 7-year old would feed it to the croc.

Scary kid.

Attachments

• omen1.jpg
    omen1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 263

Users who are viewing this thread

Back