Members Airshow meet, 'Flying Legends' 2017

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one - I think Josie, my youngest daughter, might be going to Legends too, just for the Sunday, depending on her work schedule etc.
Could be a good crowd if all goes to plan. Be nice if we could afford to all chip in, hire a 'Dak' and arrive in style !!

Yes, it's the 8th and 9th of July Marcel. Shame you can't make it, but at least we'll meet up for the Oostwold show in June.

Probably need a bit of help nearer the time Marcel. Got to work out dates and times for ferries with Karl, so that we arrive at least the day before the show, preferably at a camp site near the airfield. Seen a couple not far away, but still to plan in details yet.

We'll be there Friday thru' Sunday. Got accom booked 10 minutes drive away, but if there's a possibility of a barbie, will be more than happy to bring a keg of beer and some grub to scorch !

So who's coming ?

I'm coming with the wife and two adult kids. Arriving around Friday July 7, train to Cambridge, then crash at hotel there. Be there Saturday and Sunday, then off to London Monday.

I'll be on the Fowlmere campsite from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday morning, going to the show on Sunday.
Barbie probably Saturday night, and definitely Sunday night, after the show - all welcome, just let me know who's coming and if transport is needed.

Only eleven weeks to go, so those who are 'thinking about it' better get a move on - tickets are pre-book only, no more paying at the gate. Details and aircraft list can be found on the IWM Duxford web site.

Yes must get my ticket sorted !

Don't need to Karl - I'll get a free 'Carer's' ticket with mine.
oops, forgot about that, glad you reminded me as i would of bought one next week
not sure if April can make it now, remember having a discussion about it with her but forget the result, will check.

ok just had word, April is on a work placement at the dairy farm where i buy milk, cream and butter from for the hotel kitchen.
she needs set numbers of weeks work placements with different animals each year as part of the veterinary degree she is doing.
she is gutted, shame really !

Last edited:
Too bad. Michelle was looking forward to having someone to hang with.

We may be transport challenged for the BBQ as we are relying on rail and bus and staying in Cambridge.

Too bad. Michelle was looking forward to having someone to hang with.

We may be transport challenged for the BBQ as we are relying on rail and bus and staying in Cambridge.
There is a small possibility April will not be working over that weekend so a last minute ticket purchase could happen, will know more as we get closer to the event as she is keen to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread