Michael Maltby?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

critter

Recruit
Nov 3, 2014
I have joined this site on behalf of my 83 year old father (who has only just mastered sending emails, and would be absolutely confused on how to post in a forum). Yesterday morning I stumbled across this forum completely by accident (or perhaps by fate) when I was searching online for Remembrance Day images. As I was doing my search, an image popped up that was VERY familiar to me. It was an image of my great uncle and my great aunt on their wedding day. A member of this forum had posted it. michealmaltby. I showed it to my father (he is the nephew of the couple in that image).

My father loves researching his family history and has become quite an avid genealogist over the past few decades. He is very interested in learning more about his late uncle's story. Especially about his history in the war and his medals. He asked me if I could contact Micheal and see if he would be willing to exchange information about his uncle (my father has a lot of information that Michael may find interesting), so I joined this forum in hope that I could private message Michael... but I cannot manage to figure out how.

Michael, is there any way that you can contact me? As proof of who I am, the woman in the wedding photo is Anne Gevaux. She is the sister of my father's mother.

Critter - I have responded to your "Friend" request this AM - the site has been slow - but I will send you a PM

EDIT:

Cannot get a PM out on this site - try using the email function in my profile, and I will reply to it

Thank you so much for replying Michael! My father will be thrilled! I tried to see about using the email function but I couldn't find it. I edited my privacy settings to allow people to email me. Maybe you'll have better luck? He was the executor of Richard Dinsmore's will and got to see many of his "keepsakes" from WW1. He donated them to the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. I know he'd love to tell you all about them.

Critter (aka Christine)

Thank you so much for replying Michael! My father will be thrilled! I tried to see about using the email function but I couldn't find it. I edited my privacy settings to allow people to email me. Maybe you'll have better luck? He was the executor of Richard Dinsmore's will and got to see many of his "keepsakes" from WW1. He donated them to the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. I know he'd love to tell you all about them.

Critter (aka Christine)

Hello Critter. Click on Mr. Maltby's name and a drop box will appear. You can then click on the Private Message...

Untitled.jpg

Geo

This 舞蹴 can be read Michael in my country's language. It happens to mean Dancing Kicker.
In Katakana letter, it's マイケル(ma-i-ke-lu).

Sorry for my off-topic but because I have happened to find two Michaels here :)
Good day, Sirs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back