Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach VA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Get on out here then Aaron, you will not be disappointed I will tell you that. 99% of our aircraft fly

My personal fav is the 190.......to me nothing matches the sound of the 190.....just sounds like a tough kickass bird like it was in WWII. Our pilot who flies it pour the coal onto it, it is great. I am patiently waiting for BLACK 12 to get the Jumo 213 in it. That I really want to see fly!

It will be the only flying example in the world. You know the "FW 190 guy" will be there taking all the cool photos. I know where that plane is at now, I have touched it checked out the Allison engine that it is in it now. Might I add the 3 bladed prop for that plane is over 6 ft across! I measured it. No wonder why those planes were so good at cutting through the thin air, wide blades...holy crap! Earlier in the post I put a picture of BLACK 12 up, she is just a beautiful plane. FLUGWERK GMBH did a great job.

I am really embarrassed to say this, but.... I live closer to The Aviation Museum than Dave does.... and I have never been there ! Pungo is less than ten miles from my house.... Straight out Princess Anne Road. Gotta do this before I die.

:oops: Charles :oops:

Best kept secret and I hear that alot. Once people get inside they are like " Holy **** this place is huge with the fighter factory, WWI hangar, Luftwaffe Hangar, Storage Area (AREA 51) , 2 more buildings being started as we speak and next year he is putting up the watch tower from England and another museum the same size as the one that is already up. Plus we have a 5,000ft runway there.

Last edited:
Question for either of you guys.......how do you get that cool photo/art at the botton for your posts? Like Aaron has his P47 and Crimea River has the Spits? That is cool stuff

Heck with it, i figure it out tomorrow when I get back from the museum. Until then check this out....right where the 190 should be LOL
tn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back