Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach VA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Up close and personnal with the ASH82, a couple of the FW 190 cockpit and in MAY our WARBIRDS OVER THE BEACH show. The ME 262 is going to say hello........I am not sure if the ONLY flying FW 190 D9/N in the world will be back from Germany with its new engine Jumo 213 for the show. More to follow on that, I am ready to be one of the 1st people EVER to see a DORA fly since WWII!

Attachments

• ash 82.JPG
    ash 82.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 232
  • blue star.JPG
    blue star.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 129
  • expand look.JPG
    expand look.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 125
  • fw cockpit 1.JPG
    fw cockpit 1.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 119
  • fw cockpit 2.JPG
    fw cockpit 2.JPG
    706.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Me on the 51.JPG
    Me on the 51.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
All I have to say today 18Apr2012 boys is I put my hands on BLACK 12 the FW 190 D9N and OMFG!!!!!! She is here is Virginia on the property of the Military Aviation Museum! Although it is a replica of a 190 Dora I cant explain what I felt but all I can say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not allowed to take any pictures because she was in an area the boss calls "AREA 51" no cameras, the motor mounts for that damn thing are monsterous!

Last edited:
NO PICTURES???!!!???!!

AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!! You can't do that to us!

Where and when is this thingy you guys are talking?

Last edited:
Brother I was told no pictures which burned my ass cause someone else was taken through there and took a whole crap load of pics he did not want ppl to see and posted them on the net. So now it ruined it for the rest of us, I can only describe it to you, I dislike this though it has a freaking GPS in the damn cockpit! I damn well they didn't have those in 1943 when they 1st came out with the Dora. The prop has white tips and it all wrapped up and it HUGE! 3 bladed just like back then. Bubble canopy .....it still has the Allison engine in it. Story I got as I was being walked over to the Junkers Jumo 213that is going in it, that the motor mounts have to be changed and it is being figured out in Germany how that is going to be done before it is being shipped. I did however find this link of the engine running down in Florida before we got it.....check it out follow this link....

FW-190D engine run video by gardnerpilot - Photobucket

its an Allison, I can only imagine what that 213 will sound in that machine (quivers) , there is that one video on You tube of the Dora with the original 213 running now that my friend is where it is at. I asked the guys from the Fighter Factory if I could be there where there 1st started it when they got it back here from Germany. They said sure bet your ass I will have my video camera out and ready to go. They were saying when it got back here it would have been through all flight trials for air worthyness. Here is the link for the no **** Dora with the Jumo 213 running....it takes them a few to get it started but she kicks over :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y5LBUVS1T8

I regret to inform that Dan Kirklands beautiful FW 190 A8N painted like Pips Priller's BLACK 13 has crashed from a landing accident. It was around the 30th of last month as so I am told. God that is heart breaking.

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back