Military May Lift Ban on Women in Submarines....

You can bet your bottom dollar that if the current administration stays in power along with the current congress mix, there will be women on subs and eventually women in the combat arms of the Army.


This is being considered as we speak. The current administration has nothing to do with it, it's the top Army
brass.

Charles
 
This is being considered as we speak. The current administration has nothing to do with it, it's the top Army
brass.

Charles

Don't think the Army brass can make that decision. I believe that it's congress Charles. Women are barred by law from serving in the three combat MOSs, Armor, Artillery, Infantry.

They are allowed to fly, as pilots, in combat since the Clinton Administration.

TO
 
I don't see a single thing that is accomplished militarily by accepting women into these roles. Making a military decision for a political reason is wrong 99% of the time.
 
Don't think the Army brass can make that decision. I believe that it's congress Charles. Women are barred by law from serving in the three combat MOSs, Armor, Artillery, Infantry.

They are allowed to fly, as pilots, in combat since the Clinton Administration.

TO

I thought girls were accepted in the USMC... Isn't it a combat role ? :-s
 
No, the USMC has different career fields (known as MOS or Military Occupational Specialty) just like the Army does. You do not have to be a combat field to be in the USMC.

Oh... Thanks for the info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back