Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW! I was advised to look up this forum by a member of an A6m group on Facebook.
Shinpachi-san your work was highly recommended and regarded in very high esteem and I must say I am not at all disappointed. I am just in awe!
Last week I disembarked on an internet search to look for a set of working drawings, plans or blue-prints for an A6m Mitsubishi Zero with full size measurements that are not for an RC Model and are not for Fine Art.
If no plans are available then I have no hesitation in drawing up my own in 2D .dwg format. A potential outcome of my search is a 1:1 static display model for the Philippines, as regards to which particular model of A6m totally depends on what information is out there.
If anyone can be of any assistance in my search I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Mark O' Hara

Zero enthusiasts are interested in the data.
Please search for them with these key words in Amazon -
零式艦上戦闘機図面集
零戦秘録
Many thanks Shinpachi-san, I looked through Amazon early last week, unfortunately most titles were already sold or unavailable.
No worries, another Zero enthusiast sent me a A6M2 Maintenance Manual based on drawings of the early A6M2 11 in PDF format, between that and a Russian Drawing of an A6m2 Model 21 of unknown origin (attached) for the fuselage, I may have enough information to draw up and build something remotely decent.
I wonder why no one has ever done a 3D scan of any of the surviving aircraft?
A friend of mine back in Ireland does that for all the Maritime Museums in Europe and can produce precision drawings of historic ships in an instant by non invasive measures.

Attachments

• 43f577ccbde15429bc9e185c8d24154c.jpg
    43f577ccbde15429bc9e185c8d24154c.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 134
A Japanese teenager did 3D scan on a Zero relic with his cellphone a few years ago but the airframe itself was distorted though few seemed to have noticed it.
Kawasaki used to did it on a Ki-61 a decade ago to restore because accurate drawings were not available. 3D scan is popular nowadays.

Do you know any other places this book can be found?

I have no idea. Sorry.
Frankly, as I am not interested in Zero anymore, I sent back all data to my old home to abandon.
Too popular to be interested.

As my final job, I have combined all old parts I made to look better.
No more work. Sorry again.

A6M_landing_gear.JPG
A6M_tail_landing_gear.JPG
A6M8_101.JPG
A6M8_102.JPG
Type_98_gun_sight.JPG

Type 99 Mark 2 machine gun
Type 99_Mark_2_machine_gun.JPG

Trim tab controller
Trim_tab_controller.JPG

IJN deck chair. Zero pilots loved this too.
IJN deck chair.JPG

Last edited:
I have no idea. Sorry.
Frankly, as I am not interested in Zero anymore, I sent back all data to my old home to abandon.

View attachment 589272View attachment 589273View attachment 589274View attachment 589275View attachment 589276

View attachment 589325

Trim tab controller
View attachment 589328

View attachment 589327
Thank you anyway your stuff really is really interesting.

I have no idea. Sorry.

View attachment 589272View attachment 589273View attachment 589274View attachment 589275View attachment 589276

View attachment 589325

Trim tab controller
View attachment 589328

View attachment 589327
すがい!

Do you know any other places this book can be found?

Have a look at What is the Japanese equivalent of eBay? . They add about 20% in fees, not too bad for books and saves all the translation hassles, and their shipping via EMS was not too bad. There may be alternatives as well.
Rakuten worked for me as did Yahoo but the translation hassles were painful.
You may also find it the books on Amazon Japan but forget that if you are in Australia as they will not sell to Aus due to the GST hassles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back