MODEL AIRCRAFT STAND (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
I bought this for the sole purpose of attaching small parts and putting on decals. Normally when I do this, the model is on my lap and when I attach one part or decal, one occasionally detaches. Technically, it's a model, aircraft is in the title, and I'm starting to build it. They would have you use CA glue to join the pieces together but I'm using Carpenter's Glue. I've included the address and email address.

003.JPG

004.jpg

005.JPG

009.JPG

0010.jpg

Geo

looks similar to what I did in plastic. The flats support the wings, the V supports the fuselage at the tail.

Attachments

• 22 pre decal.jpg
    22 pre decal.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 152
Yeppers. Seeing your stand is what persuaded me to buy one Bill, though I like yours for it's simplicity. Did you make that cause if you did, I think you would have a market.

Geo

Like the look of the stand George but it looks kind of complicated.

Should also say I'm one of the lucky ones who has a stand just like Bill's, reason being the kind old chap made one for me and posted it out.

I just need to add the support stand covers(rubber bands). I might add felt later. I didn't show in the photos but the supports are fully adjustable. There are three rubber bands that are used to secure the model to the stands. It's not shown in the instructions but I imagine they attach to the notches in the support stands.

015.JPG

016.JPG

Geo

Last edited:
I rather think Lego would work just fine!
In fact I hadn't even considered Legos.

If you were use the smaller flat base or cut one to size, and three columns of the single row Lego blocks.
Then glue a flat piece of styrene to the side of the top pieces, one with the "V" or better yet a shallow "U", the other two with a slight dish shape of the wing I think you would have it!!!!!

Good thinking outside the box Karl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back