Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Definitly my choice, what a beauty:D

Attachments

• iac spit 161.jpg
    iac spit 161.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 248
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
It is only famouse because of the movies that it is been featured in and unfortunatly 90 percent of the people that see it think it is a Bf-109. That is why it is famous.
I'm aware of it being used in german propaganda films-is that what you're reffering to?

P-40, because it's got character
B-17 G, again character
F4U If you don't understand, get your eyes checked.
FW 190-D See above
F 104 starfighter I'm not sure why, I just like it.
SR -71 It has the same beauty as a great white shark. It just looks menacing. I saw one in person at the smithsonian , and even whe you couldn't see the plane directly, you could look across the hangar and see where it's parked, because it literally sucks the light out of the area around it.

This is obvious guys. If you go on looks, it's got it. If you go on performance, it's got it. If you go on versatility, it's got it. On top of all that, it's a proven KILLER
The F4U corsair
Now if your looking at the jet side of things then you don't have to look any farther than the F-22 RAPTOR

While I think the Corsair is a great looking aircraft there are so many aircraft that were better looking than the Corsair.

Spitfire
Fw-190D-9
Ta-152
Hell even the P-51D is better looking than the Corsair
Meteor
Me-262
P-38

If you want to go off of performance there were still aircraft that had better performance:

Late Spit marks
Fury
Ta-152
Me-262
Meteor
P-80

If you want to go versatility the Fw-190A was just as versatile maybe even more.

And on top of all of that if you want to go with proven KILLER the Fw-190, Spitfire, Bf-109, P-51, P-38, P-47 were just as good.

I will admit that the FW-190 A is a beautiful plane but the D model is one of the ugliest airplanes I've ever seen. They completely ruined the looks of that aircraft with that model of it.
Now with that said. Every model of the corsair is just awsome, even the F2G model, not quite as nice but still looks good.
And as bombers go I really like the B-25, I think it's just a well rounded machine. The mosquito isn't to bad either.

grumman-cats said:
I will admit that the FW-190 A is a beautiful plane but the D model is one of the ugliest airplanes I've ever seen. They completely ruined the looks of that aircraft with that model of it.
Now with that said. Every model of the corsair is just awsome, even the F2G model, not quite as nice but still looks good.
And as bombers go I really like the B-25, I think it's just a well rounded machine. The mosquito isn't to bad either.

I agree with you on the Fw-190A. The Fw-190D looks lanky, like a basketball player. It is kind of like one of those new wide screen TVs, the kind that distorts the horizontal picture, and changes a perfectly proportioned aircraft into something longer.

I don't agree that the B-25 belongs in a pretty plane thread.

In my opinion the Dora is one very good looking machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back