Most Devastating Attacker

Most Devastating Single Seat, Single Engine Attacker

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry for being slightly off topic here fellas. But if I'd choose the J-21 before any other Swedish bird. 1x20mm cannon and 4x13mm guns.

SAAB-J21A.jpg

Twin engine would be the B-18. The only machine faster than these was the Mosquito. Writing from memory here.
saab_s18.jpg

And now back to relevant topic...

Twin engine would be the B-18. The only machine faster than these was the Mosquito. Writing from memory here.

And now back to relevant topic...

Faster than Ta154 or F7F or P-38L? What about A-26 on the deck? Gotta admit that is suprising that it's faster than even a P-61..

Regards,

Bill

Sorry...I meant of the twin engines.....:lol: The S-18B could frequently hit 570 km/h and T-18B was good for 600 km/h if i remember correctly, I don't know what that makes in mph.....

Sorry...I meant of the twin engines.....:lol: The S-18B could frequently hit 570 km/h and T-18B was good for 600 km/h if i remember correctly, I don't know what that makes in mph.....

600 x .621 = 372mph - pretty fast, faster than A26 and P-61, but slower than Ta154 and P38 and F7F.

570kph = 354mph which is same as A26B, but slower than rest.

The F7F had a max speed of 460MPH, carried 4 - 20mm and 4 - 50's plus capable of carrying torpedoes. Deployed to Pacific before end of wwar to USMC. Helluva an airframe. Possibly should have been on list but it didn't fight, just like the P-51H.

I had not heard much about S18 - thx

Regards,

Bill

My name says it all...Big, Tough and with 8 .50 you can shred everything exept tanks.

One thing always bothered me about the Tiffy tho. How did it do so well in all that ground fire with that huge radiator out front...That thing was begging for a cannon shell...

I think the Typhoon was OK although I still worry about that engine and its valve stems (yes 60 years on and still worrying)

A P47 with 4 20mm cannon - now that would have been worth looking at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back