Moving to Arizona tomorrow

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Friday morning I start my drive to Arizona. I was offered a position in the company I work for to head up the I.T. side of a $1.7 billion dollar mining project. It's an opportunity I can't pass up. Plus, the office I work out of in Dallas is slowly dying so it's pretty much a no brainer to keep my job.

Now for the bad side. I have to leave my family in Dallas. Divorce decrees state we cannot move the kids farther than one county away from the ex. Make since and it keeps the custodial parent from moving to Egypt or somewhere. Even my wife is staying in Dallas. I do get to come home every 6 or 7 weeks so it won't be too bad, but still. My youngest is NOT HAPPY with dad right now and it breaks my heart the leave.

Wish me luck guys, I'm going to need it.

Thor, any decree is modify-able. Once you are settled your Ex might even allow you to fly the kids to your new home for a week or two, i.e. spring breaks, xmas break, summer vac. If she is agreeable you need not go back to court to have the decree modified. Father's rights are a pretty big issue nowadays. If she is not agreeable a court fight is your only option, you are entitled to time with them in your new home. Go for it.
By the way, good luck in your new home, I could not me more pleased with my new location, should have done this years ago

Great news on the job, sucks about the kids. I was in Tuscon in August at the Komatsu testing grounds learning to drive 830 haul trucks. Hot,hot,hot. Good luck.

Geo

Not gonna comment on the family thing, been there, done that.

But the last time I was in Phoenix I visited an old shipmate from the Navy on the 4th of July. Hed had an old 51 Ford pickenup truck he was restoring, no interior. We went to the flea maret in it, gord ahmighty was it hot. The asphalt was melting in the parking lot!!!!!

Sometimes I can't believe I have moved to Austrlia!

The asphalt was melting in the parking lot!!!!!

I remember an anecdote about the temperatures in Phoenix a while back. It had something to do with Channel 3 New covering a story about an older woman cooking batches of brownies in her car by leaving it outside in the sun....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back